Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
Man you guys are Swish fans. I'm not. ... any official word on Griffey's role and whose PT is diminished?

You must not be a common sense fan either then. Thats like going to McDonalds and paying for something off the dollar menu with a 50, just cause you didnt like the picture on the 50.

Edited by RockRaines

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering who is going to get replaced in this deal. All these veterans; some will see diminished PT and will probably brood. Sorry I don't worship Swish. Thanks for bashing my Swish trade comment and not answering my question.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
I'm just wondering who is going to get replaced in this deal. All these veterans; some will see diminished PT and will probably brood. Sorry I don't worship Swish. Thanks for bashing my Swish trade comment and not answering my question.

Konerko is probably going to see a significant drop in playing time

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)

Has nothing to do with worshiping anything. On one hand is a guy who is worth a good amount, on the other is a guy who is worth 2 fringe minor leaguers. Would you have traded DLS, Gio and Sweeney for KGJ? Thats why your statement makes ZERO sense.

And someone has to play less, its prob Swish and Konerko the most. If you can rotate Dye or KGJ to 1B, then you would see a lot less of Konerko and more of Swish.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
You still have to question why they pitched to him with an open base in that big game.

he trusted his guys. You know, if he would've kept the ultimatum, I'm sure that guy would've hit the home run. BUt griffey really snatched that shi**.

Why are so many people worried about who will see their PT diminished? Most of us have been begging to see less of Swisher and PK, and this is the chance. Hopefully Ozzie plays it smart and does his best to play the match-ups and get the hot bat into the lineup.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
he trusted his guys. You know, if he would've kept the ultimatum, I'm sure that guy would've hit the home run. BUt griffey really snatched that shi**.

Randy Johnson jumping on the mound after that catch is one of the best moments in cinema history.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
Why are so many people worried about who will see their PT diminished? Most of us have been begging to see less of Swisher and PK, and this is the chance. Hopefully Ozzie plays it smart and does his best to play the match-ups and get the hot bat into the lineup.

"hot bat" and PK/Swisher should not be mentioned together.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)

Im just glad they started Wedman (sp?)

Rock Raines made a sweet cameo in that flick.