Tampa Bay @ Chicago ALDS Game 3- Matt Garza Vs. John Danks 3:07 CT

kman

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it really is amazing how i dislike 75%+ of this team... yet were in the playoffs...

I made a list of the players I disliked on the team and it wasn't even close to 50 percent. If you dislike 75 percent of the team, I believe you are a fool. Just my opinion though. If you hate 'em, you hate 'em. I mean dislike 'em.

The only players I don't like is OCabrera and Vazquez. I like any player that is giving his all for the sox. As long as you show me the effort I'm not gonna hate on you, just because the skill might not be there. f***, I love Griffey, always have. Sucks he strikes out so much but it's such a thrill for me to see him in a sox uniform. It's that type of stuff in baseball that goes beyond the numbers. I can't believe you hate Konerko, guys been a class act on the southside, and the face of the franchise.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)
Dislike:

Konerko

Thome

Griffrey

Uribe

OC

Anderson

Vazquez

Toby Hall

Dye

Wise

Undetermined:

Fields

Owens

Like:

Alexi

Quentin

Floyd

Danks

I have no confidence in a majority of thsi team

Buehrle

Are you serious? You hate Dye? Konerko?

You don't like Jenks? Thornton? Pierzynski?

I like a lot of players on our team- Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, Ramirez, Jenks, AJ, Konerko, Dye, Thornton, Linebrink, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 06:26 PM)
Would Q have made a difference in these games? I say yes.

No doubt about it and dont forget Crede too,if both of them are healthy we would be tied 1 a piece in this series,but they re not so the rest of the guys gotta pick up the slack.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Like and wanna see next season:Quentin,Alexei,Floyd,Danks,AJP,PK,Dye(for DH),Swisher(call me nuts but willing him give one more shot),Buerhle,Jenks,Thornton,Linebrink....players I like but we need to move:Crede,Uribe,Contreras and Thome...players we need to fill roster spots but I'm iffy on:BA,Wise,Dotel,Carrasco...players I definetly don't want to see next year in a sox uni:Horacio Ramirez,Hall,Cabrera,Wasserman,Logan,Griffey,MacDougall and God please Javy V.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

FWIW, Toby Hall had a very good (even excellent) season as our back-up catcher. He hasn't hit for much power, but that's what happens when you don't get regular playing time or at-bats. He's not a throwing catcher, but neither is AJ. Even with Johnny Bench, I-Rod or Mauer, we wouldn't be able to prevent many steals until Javier, Contreras, Floyd, Jenks and Danks to a lesser extent prioritize it. But Widger wasn't a very good defender, either. As someone mentioned, Blanco would be perfect. Redmond in MN is a very good back-up catcher as well.

I tell you what, disliking Jermaine Dye? My god. I feel for you young soxtalk members. Sports has changed so much. In this day and age of message boards and intensified talk shows, it's just not as much fun anymore. Win it all baby or you are a piece of s***.

I just don't understand how anybody could dislike Dye. My god.

GO SOX!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:12 AM)
I tell you what, disliking Jermaine Dye? My god. I feel for you young soxtalk members. Sports has changed so much. In this day and age of message boards and intensified talk shows, it's just not as much fun anymore. Win it all baby or you are a piece of s***.

GO SOX!!

It's because he's black. It's quite obvious.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:12 AM)

GO SOX!!

Totally agree,how do you not like JD?He's been solid for the most part for us and he drove in the biggest run for us of the WS in Game 4 after that great at bat to win it for us 1-0,greatest Sox memory for me.How the hell can you not like the guy?