Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays ALCS Thread

kjshoe04

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 01:18 PM)
I'd give em Dotel.......

As would I.

If they asked for Thornton, maybe since we need a starter. But if they're only going to market Sonnanstine, that's the level of guy they have to target, a guy who is more reliable than what they currently have but who isn't one of those top 20 in the league closers.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
I think Sonnenstine or Jackson could be their closer or even Kazmir if he can not get past he 6th inning on a regular basis.

Sonnenstine's control screams lights out closer to me.

Sonnanstine as closer would be interesting, as I imagine he would fit into more of the Brandon Lyon mold, but I don't see it happening. In fact, I have a hard time seeing him on the team come next year. The Rays have a surplus of arms on the staff, and on the way in Price, Niemann, McGee, and Davis,

Jackson however would be interesting as he's a flamethrower with awful control. In other words, Billy Beane's perfect idea of what a closer should be. Now, the Rays are a very smart organization and I could see them realizing just how much a decision like this could impact Jackson’s trade value.

I spent the last two months of the year hoping Tampa Bay would win the AL East and not Boston so we'd play Tampa Bay in the first round, assuming we made the playoffs. I clearly couldn't have been any more wrong in my line of thinking, a classic case of "be careful what you wish for".

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
I spent the last two months of the year hoping Tampa Bay would win the AL East and not Boston

They did, it's the other way around. That being said, i think we would of managed a series against Boston quite well. Assuming we had the right gameplan. And with Crede, and Q in the lineup it would be all the more manageable. I still get a smile over my face thinking about that shot Konerko had off Wakefield during the Manny/Papi back to back HR game in 2005. Took the wind right out of their sails.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
What a collapse. I think Boston wins the series if they win tonight.

I'm not gonna go that far. Rays are the best home team in baseball.

Wow, Sawks win. Gotta tip your cap to em there. Unreal comeback.