Nickname thread!

southsider2k5

I don't think this one has been done before, but it might be fun... What nicknames do you have, or did you used to have, and what are the stories behind them?

I'll even start up... all through HS and college I was known as Crash. Most people had no idea why... When I was a Jr in HS, I got a job at a local country club through my best friend at the time. I worked in the pro shop. One of the duty's we had was to clean the golf carts and take them back to the bin to plug them in to re-charge. The path was a backwards C shaped path around the proshop and garage to the back entrance where the carts sat when they weren't being used. My first day on the job when my buddy was showing me how to clean them and where to take them, he has me hop on another cart to follow him back to put them away. I slam on the go peddle and slide out of the curve and smack right into the Pro's conversion van, with him and his assistant watching me. Instead of firing me or yelling, he just calmly looks at my buddy and tells him.

"Let's teach Crash here how to properly drive a cart."

I played on a traveling baseball team and five of the players were all named Jim.

Jim Adkins got to keep his name. Fitting because he was our Captain and best player

Jimmy Lubtack became LBJ as in led bottom Jim

Jim Valentine became Valentine

Jim Durkin became mouse because his dad was an exterminator and had a giant mouse on his car.

And with one mighty swing and a miss during a practice, I became

grandma

I have been heartattack since high school. I was always a second baseman, but USED to be able to run fast. Coaches decided to put me in the outfield, i would always look like i was camped under a flyball but then at the last second make some crazy adjustment to catch the ball, giving the coaches and my teammates a "heartattack"

Name has stuck to this day, and i still catch flyballs the same way!

Throughout high school I was Sucram, it's my name backwards. It was mainly because a friend of ours like to say things backwards every now and then.

Now I get Markie or the ever so popular Barackus. My name's Marcus and numerous girls tell me I resemble Barack Obama.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Throughout high school I was Sucram, it's my name backwards. It was mainly because a friend of ours like to say things backwards every now and then.

Now I get Markie or the ever so popular Barackus. My name's Marcus and numerous girls tell me I resemble Barack Obama.

I was a big fan of Sucram. Especially because it took me like a year to figure it out.

In high school, I was called Fuji and Alpha Dog. In college I got reduced to my sports number, and was called '15' most of the time, with the occasional Alpha Dog from those that knew me from high school. Haven't been called any of them much anymore, outside of here or a few other sites.

Edited by Alpha Dog