Josh Fields' Carlos Quentin stance

Steve9347

Fields looks like a different hitter up there, and his stance is very similar to Quentin's. His swing has also pretty much become the mirror-image of Quentin.

Can a stance make that much of a difference? Can I raise my expectations on Fields? I'd love to be able to have hope for him again.

yeah i noticed it too, whatever works. I think Fields will be pretty dam good this year.

Does CQ seems to be further off the plate this year? I noticed it in Spring Training but wasn't sure if he was or not.

20090408-xrysg2ssxb5yc7wnau4hesxa6w.jpg

Fields

20090408-2h36w7ka11hhxs8yi7yts88yg.jpg

CQ

I see josh keeping his hads closer to his head and staying closed more, while Carlos is the converse of that.

Either way it would be wonderful if lasic and a healed knee would allow Josh to break out in a big way, id love to see double digit steals

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
He isnt loading up his bat as much which is helping him catch up to fastballs. He also seems to recognize pitches better, so that could be the lasik.

will he lose power by not loading the bat up at as much?

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
20090408-xrysg2ssxb5yc7wnau4hesxa6w.jpg

Fields

20090408-2h36w7ka11hhxs8yi7yts88yg.jpg

CQ

I see josh keeping his hads closer to his head and staying closed more, while Carlos is the converse of that.

Either way it would be wonderful if lasic and a healed knee would allow Josh to break out in a big way, id love to see double digit steals

Nice screen grabs.

Fields is crouching a little more and his legs must be farther apart, that's the only thing I noticed. It looks more like Quentin's, but it's not there yet.

I swear, I thought I was watching Jeff Bagwell for a second when I saw Fields up there yesterday.

Edited by chw42

Does CQ seems to be further off the plate this year? I noticed it in Spring Training but wasn't sure if he was or not.

That's what I thought tonight as well. Does anybody know for sure? He looked farther off the plate to me. Man, Zack really plunked him with that pitch on the shoulder. Ouch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
That's what I thought tonight as well. Does anybody know for sure? He looked farther off the plate to me. Man, Zack really plunked him with that pitch on the shoulder. Ouch.

looked like he thought about charging the mound for a second.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
Nice screen grabs.

no problem, just thought they could be important to the discussion, i must say i love the video quality on mlb.com and skitch!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Fields still needs to show that he has a prayer against a strong fastball. With that said, he showed a great eye tonight.

With that said, Crede has looked pretty terrible so far this year, but that could be for a number of reasons

He made a diving grab in the game tonight however, i'm sure twins fans all over the world are going "SEE, HE'S STILL GOOD"

Give him 50 games and get back to me