Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vikings have had 1 test, 2 bad teams, and one meh team so far. They beat the teams they should have, and it took a last second TD to win the test, im not willing to say they are the best team in the NFL yet.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
Jared Allen had 4.5 sacks, a safety, forced fumble, and fumble recovery.

It doesnt get much better than that, mullet or not.

To be fair, that offensive line was pretty offensive. Not that Allen isn't good or something, but I think my 150 pound ass could have had two sacks yesterday.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
The vikings have had 1 test, 2 bad teams, and one meh team so far. They beat the teams they should have, and it took a last second TD to win the test, im not willing to say they are the best team in the NFL yet.

Furthermore...their QB totally broke down in the 2nd half of last season, and they haven't really been hit hard by the injury bug yet to my eyes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)

All of the 4-0 teams have had some weak opponents to date. Can't blame it entirely on schedules.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
All of the 4-0 teams have had some weak opponents to date. Can't blame it entirely on schedules.

Im not discounting the possibility that the Vikings are the best team in the league, Im just not gonna hand it to them right now, and part of the reason is the schedule. They will play better opponents soon, it will all even out. If they are as good as ESPN and the Favreites think they are, it will show.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
Im not discounting the possibility that the Vikings are the best team in the league, Im just not gonna hand it to them right now, and part of the reason is the schedule. They will play better opponents soon, it will all even out. If they are as good as ESPN and the Favreites think they are, it will show.

People including me were talking about a Jets/Giants Super Bowl last year after what, 7-8 games?

I just think we should be talking about the Saints. That convincing win on Sunday was huge, and very convincing for me. Brees didn't even have a great game, and they put 21 on a defense that I find to be the most dominating in the league.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
I just think we should be talking about the Saints. That convincing win on Sunday was huge, and very convincing for me. Brees didn't even have a great game, and they put 21 on a defense that I find to be the most dominating in the league.

Is there a better DC anywhere than Gregg Williams?

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)

14 of those points were scored by the defense though. They are certainly a great team, but the offense has been slowing down and they haven't had to really deal with injuries yet.

Personally, the Saints to me have shown they are the best team so far. With that said, there isn't a dominating team that has shown up yet. Saints to me show they have it all including a dynamic offense and a vastly improved defense.

BTW, as far as defensive coordinators, Monte Kiffin is still the tops. Jimmy Johnson would be up there. LaBeau is great and the job Greg Williams has done thus far deserves an applause because they were atrocious.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
Colts are completely under the radar. No one even mentions them anymore.

They're good for 12+ wins and probably a division and have a good shot at a 1st round bye. Yawn.

If they're healthy in the playoffs, they're a super bowl contender. As always. What more can you say?

I don't think the Giants are getting much love here. Even if they haven't played the toughest teams, they're pretty damn good. Their o-line is the best in the league, imo. Eli's plantar fasciitis is going to be big question mark for them now, though. As Sox/Bulls fans know, that injury can be pretty bad (though Eli's doesn't sound as serious as it could be).

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
I don't think the Giants are getting much love here. Even if they haven't played the toughest teams, they're pretty damn good. Their o-line is the best in the league, imo. Eli's plantar fasciitis is going to be big question mark for them now, though. As Sox/Bulls fans know, that injury can be pretty bad (though Eli's doesn't sound as serious as it could be).

I dont know, he looked like he was shot in the foot on Sunday when he let loose that pass.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
The saints prove every year that they are way too soft to be considered elite.

K, they just went up against arguably the best, fiercest d in the league thus far, and it was their D who beat the s*** out of the jets. So, yeah i think they are a force this year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
K, they just went up against arguably the best, fiercest d in the league thus far, and it was their D who beat the s*** out of the jets. So, yeah i think they are a force this year.

The Eagles without Dawkins?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)
dont get me wrong, that packer O-line is atrocious, but Allen was quite a force.

Ryan Grant, 1 year wonder or gonna rebound?

Still hard to tell if Grant is a one year wonder or not. Last year he was injured to start the year but the latter half of last season he had a pretty good run.

So far this year the offensive line has been brutal, running and passing has been tough because of the lines issues. Theses issues inevitably won't stop for the rest of the season but if Grant can't run against the Lions or Browns then I would look to replace him. I want a new RB regardless. Problem is Grant is on the field the whole game and nobody can really come in and prove they can take carries away from him. GB is in desperate need of a change of pace back. But I knew this before the season, I like Jackson but he needs to get on the field this year.