Joe Crede video tribute from last night?

wilmot825

Last night the Sox played a video tribute to Joe Crede on the CF video board. I was hoping they would show it on comcast, like they usually do with stuff like that. But that did not happen. Does anyone have a link or video of the tribute they could post?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
That was a classy move by the organization. I wonder how many teams would have done that? Maybe some others, maybe not.

The Sox have come a long way since the Carlton Fisk incident of '93. Big ups to them for giving Joe a fitting thank-you.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
That was a classy move by the organization. I wonder how many teams would have done that? Maybe some others, maybe not.

I was in Anaheim for Erstad's first game back with the Sox........the ovation was great, but no video I can recall, and he did at least as much the Angels as Crede did, plus the Angels are a first class organization with loyal fans, so the JC vid is very respectable move

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
Awesome video. Awesome player.

My two favorite memories of Joe are in that video. The JOEEEE CREEEDEEE call at the end of that game vs. The Indians in 05, and his home-opener grand slam from last year (My first home opener and Joe brought us the victory).

The fact that he's with the Twins has already set in with me, but some moments in that video made it sting like when I first found out he signed with them. I was so happy to see that Indians walkoff as its one of my favorite regular season moments ever. Some of my other favorite moments in that video were the shots of him taking the team picture with the trophy and ofcourse the ending with Hawk put the great finishing touches. They gave him a louder ovation when they were announcing the lineups at the stadium when he was stretching than when he came up to bat.

I can't wait for him to go to a different team so he can be in a different jersey, which if he stays healthy and has a good season, will happen.

They should have shown the double to bring in Ozuna, they should have shown the great plays at 3B in game 1 of the WS, the bouncer up the middle that scored Rowand to untie the clinching game in the ALCS...

I was glad, however, they showed the home run against Cleveland. I really think if we lost that game we wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs...

Maybe the second most clutch player in White Sox history behind Harold Baines?

Edited by JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 11:06 PM)
I was going to send Brooks an e-mail suggesting the white sox open up a youtube account and post their "in stadium" videos on there. Anyone want to do that instead? Maybe someone who is a little more articulate than I.

That is actually a great idea. I will give a it a shot and see what he has to say.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
The fact that he's with the Twins has already set in with me, but some moments in that video made it sting like when I first found out he signed with them. I was so happy to see that Indians walkoff as its one of my favorite regular season moments ever. Some of my other favorite moments in that video were the shots of him taking the team picture with the trophy and ofcourse the ending with Hawk put the great finishing touches. They gave him a louder ovation when they were announcing the lineups at the stadium when he was stretching than when he came up to bat.

I can't wait for him to go to a different team so he can be in a different jersey, which if he stays healthy and has a good season, will happen.

During stretching there wasn't a whole lot of people in the stadium yet :-/