White Sox @ Tigers 12:05pm CSNHD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
And Marquez and Egbert sucked in the minors last year and have sucked in the minors this year. Your argument has no merit. But continue.

Egbert was hurt last year.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
Touche, but I don't believe he'll repeat last year, and I don't like him being used so much.

Who else are we going to use? You can't pitch Dotel, Thornton, Linebrink and Jenks everyday. ESPECIALLY Linebrink.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
Here is the problem with Carrasco, IMO. Not that he is on the team, but that he get's used by Ozzie like this.

He's the long man. I would imagine Dotel is unavailable today, so they may be why they had him go an extra inning. He's not that great, but the 11th or 12 man on any staff isn't going to be. He's fine for his role.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
Who else are we going to use? You can't pitch Dotel, Thornton, Linebrink and Jenks everyday. ESPECIALLY Linebrink.

I'm backing out of this argument with the knowledge that I jumped into a classic Soxtalk overreaction during a game thread.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
He's the long man. I would imagine Dotel is unavailable today, so they may be why they had him go an extra inning. He's not that great, but the 11th or 12 man on any staff isn't going to be. He's fine for his role.

This is by definition what a long man should do, eat innings in games like this when your starter has issues. If it gets close, then you will see the A team out there trying to win it.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
An inning after loading the bases? I'm fine with him being on the roster but let's not act like a 4 run lead in the 7th is mop up duty either.

Its not where you want to use your studs in the 6th inning either.