Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
I'll tell you something right now, Aaron Poreda will probably make his major league debut with another club, he is 100% trade bait for us this season for a CF'er/leadoff hitter.

and im honestly ok with that....we have a lot of picks in this upcoming draft and i'll bet they are going to be very pitcher heavy, as we look pretty good in terms of position prospects right now....Plus im not convinced Poreda makes a good starter yet

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
And you can substitute JO and DW in that same sentence.

I have no doubt that Owens could hit above .240. It might be an incredibly empty average, but he'd hit in the .260-.270 range with a low OBP and nothing but singles. Wise would hit in the .250's (he's a much better hitter than Anderson) and put up some pop (10-20 HR's) and a ton of doubles as well as strikeouts. Oh and a full season of Anderson and I guarantee the all time strikeout record will be set.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
I'll tell you something right now, Aaron Poreda will probably make his major league debut with another club, he is 100% trade bait for us this season for a CF'er/leadoff hitter.

It depends on how Getz does this season. If Getz takes off, the plan will probably be to move Ramirez to CF, keep Getz at 2nd and put Beckham at SS. If Getz has issues, then they will go with a Beckham and Ramirez combo in the infield, and send off some prospects for something. I wonder how much the Angels would want for Willtis as a stop gap.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
I have no idea what the heck is going since gameday is retarded for me right now.

polanco battled...fouled about 4 pitches off....finally got a floating slider and nearly hit it out.....2 run double...woulda been gone in our park

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)

And I have zero problem with that because I think his trade value is greater than his overall value to the White Sox. I like a lot of our other relief arms, plus I think Richard/Thornton are fine so we can afford losing our one power lefty prospect. That said if we keep him I hope he develops the secondary pitch, but as a whole, I'm not a fan of his delivery. If he stays healthy though, he will be a great reliever/closer.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
I have no doubt that Owens could hit above .240. It might be an incredibly empty average, but he'd hit in the .260-.270 range with a low OBP and nothing but singles. Wise would hit in the .250's (he's a much better hitter than Anderson) and put up some pop (10-20 HR's) and a ton of doubles as well as strikeouts. Oh and a full season of Anderson and I guarantee the all time strikeout record will be set.

I bet if they both played everyday, Josh Fields would fan at least 30 times more than BA.

But I'm glad you're ripping him. When you proclaimed Jim Thome the worst hitter in baseball, he proceded to get hot.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
dammit! was that ball catchable???

not a single OF catches that....unless they were playing relaly deep....and nobody should have been playing polanco deep

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)

Well, I disagree. Unfortunately we will never know since BA will be done shortly.