Gordon Beckham Called Up

flavum

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
If I don't get the D-I scholarship I'm hoping for (going to JuCo next year), you could very well see me going to GVSU in a year or two.

Yet you don't talk to the guy that posts here that works for a freakin Division 1 program in recruiting.... :aussie:

am I reading too much into the message this is sending, whether or not it's an intentional message or not, could this mean that because KW isn't afraid of starting beckham's clock this soon, that he has no plans of letting this team dry up and rot for the next few seasons, and that he actually plans on spending this off-season to keep the team competitive?

i can't imagine him doing this, and then running out a AA/AAA team over the next 3 years

1. gordom beckham isn't a 5 tool player gordon beckham has more than 100 tools, many of which are unknown to most baseball scouts.

1A. When the apocalypse dawns and gordon beckham comes down to destroy all of the non-believers, Chris Cotter will be spared. He will be placed on a raft with two mets fans and two of every animal.

2. gordon beckahm wasn’t slapping fives with fans after his first big league homerun. He was healing lepers and cripples.

3. Keith Hernandez thinks a girl’s place is in the dugout as long as they're on the arm of gordon beckham.

4. gordon beckham doesn’t hit 8th. Those seven other guys are just warming up the pitcher for the first real at bat of the game.

5. Us Cellular field is no longer known as a pitcher’s park now gordon beckham that hits there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
But back to Gordo, should be an interesting ride/career for the kid. Whether he's loved (which I'm sure it'll be) or hated if he bust.

Are you kidding? If he turns out to be a bust, nobody will ever blame him.

It will be the organizations fault for ruining him.

Beckham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Betemit especially defensively. Beckham has a great future. For this year though, if he can hit .280 with 10 HR, I will be impressed. Beckham will not take you by the hand and ascend into Heaven, but I think the team has improved and we have some extra excitement. I'm still happy the Sox traded for Betemit because that kept the Sox from being hamstrung by paying Swish 8 million to hit .220. KW will trade Betemit for some NL diamond in the rough and whoever that is will end up in our top 10 prospects by the end of next year. That's how KW rolls.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 12:49 AM)
Replace Wise with just about anyone and I'm finally content with the roster (as long Gobble remains mostly unused).

A healthy TCQ would be a nice 2nd half of the season upgrade over Wise. Q needs to take a break from working on his swing and let the foot heal.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 12:49 AM)
Replace Wise with just about anyone and I'm finally content with the roster (as long Gobble remains mostly unused).

Jerry Owens? Jose Paniagua? Mike Myers? Jeff Abbott? Jeff Liefer?

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 12:12 AM)
1. gordom beckham isn't a 5 tool player gordon beckham has more than 100 tools, many of which are unknown to most baseball scouts.

1A. When the apocalypse dawns and gordon beckham comes down to destroy all of the non-believers, Chris Cotter will be spared. He will be placed on a raft with two mets fans and two of every animal.

2. gordon beckahm wasn’t slapping fives with fans after his first big league homerun. He was healing lepers and cripples.

3. Keith Hernandez thinks a girl’s place is in the dugout as long as they're on the arm of gordon beckham.

4. gordon beckham doesn’t hit 8th. Those seven other guys are just warming up the pitcher for the first real at bat of the game.

5. Us Cellular field is no longer known as a pitcher’s park now gordon beckham that hits there.

Man, I really hope this kid pans out and becomes special. Because if not, some of you guys are going to suicidal. I'm rooting for the guy too, but wow...

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 05:13 AM)
Hey SoxFan1, you go to GVSU? If you're gonna be there for the next couple of years, watch out for a RB/WR/KR/PR on the football team, Billy Seiler. Not the biggest guy, but he's fast as hell, extremely strong for his size, and no one works harder than him. He'll make an impact for the Lakers.

Marist kid?

Well, I guess I'm a little late to the game here, but... this is awesome! I cant wait to see how he does tomorrow! Now that Beckham is up, all we need to do now is DFA Wise and get him the hell out of town once Quentin comes off the DL or if we make a trade before then.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 01:22 AM)
Marist kid?

Yes... I'm sure it wasn't tough to find out, just 1 google search would give you your answer.

Oh, you're from Palos Heights, so you should know all about the awesomeness of the Marist Football Program.

Edited by BearSox

I'm excited that Beckham is being promoted. Even more excited that it appears we have a legitimate, can't-miss (or as close to it) baseball player within our organization.

Just please, for more than once every decade, give me a White Sox prospect that succeeds immediately upon promotion and stays consistent. And that doesn't mean if he goes 0-3 tomorrow that he's a bust, or anything like that. However, I'll be very disappointed if he's 3-30 or something comparable; where it's obvious he's overmatched. Let us have this one, baseball gods without any of this "not everyone succeeds immediately" and "Robin Ventura went hitless...." type of bulls***.

Edited by Flash Tizzle