• Fish
    • Bird
    • Rodent-Hamster/Gerbil/Mouse/Rat
    • Reptile-Lizard/Turtle/Iguana/Snake
    • Ferret
    • Farm Animals
    • Other
    • No pets

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 08:39 AM)
Ya mine used to open the refridgerator. We had to prop a chair against the side for years so he couldnt get to it. Then, after 3 or 4 years, an hour after we remove the chair, there he is eating food out of the refridgderator.

When we moved to Schaumburg I thought that the fridge thing was over because at our previous place the fridge was kind of easy to open, the seal wasnt very tight. Boy was I wrong.

The kicker was when my wife picked me up on my birthday from work and when we walked in, she said my birthday cake was in the fridge. As i walked in the door, both dogs are sitting RIGHT behind the door just about trembling. I looked at my wife and said "oh yeah, they did something bad". We walked upstairs and go into the kitchen, and see a few brown smudges here and there, and I opened the fridge and it looked like someone set off a giant cherry bomb in the middle of my cake. the only difference was the blast pattern had paw marks in it. A double stacked white cake with chocolate frosting reduced to about 3 pieces, Happy Birthday. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks have a Maltese Bichon Frise Cross. He's now 15, had 4 teeth out this week, is quite blind and pretty deaf so I'll be surprised if he lasts another year.

We also had a cat, that got run over last November while I was over in the States.

Going forward I dunno if I'll have pets when I eventually get my own place, wherever that is. If it's a dog, probably want a Labrador, otherwise a cat.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
When we moved to Schaumburg I thought that the fridge thing was over because at our previous place the fridge was kind of easy to open, the seal wasnt very tight. Boy was I wrong.

The kicker was when my wife picked me up on my birthday from work and when we walked in, she said my birthday cake was in the fridge. As i walked in the door, both dogs are sitting RIGHT behind the door just about trembling. I looked at my wife and said "oh yeah, they did something bad". We walked upstairs and go into the kitchen, and see a few brown smudges here and there, and I opened the fridge and it looked like someone set off a giant cherry bomb in the middle of my cake. the only difference was the blast pattern had paw marks in it. A double stacked white cake with chocolate frosting reduced to about 3 pieces, Happy Birthday. :)

Haha. Heres a story, I'll lay out the key points.

1.Delivery man drops off deep dish Lou's pizza

2.Put pizza on coffee table, go into other room for plates, silverware, drinks etc

3.Table is empty

4. pizza shaped dog

5.Not mad, but just plain impressed

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
The only thing that really terrifies her anymore is thunder.

I'm sure a few folks on here had a fun night last night with the storms as well. I had a dog sleeping next to me on my pillow when I woke up at 5 am.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)

2.Put pizza on coffee table, go into other room for plates, silverware, drinks etc

3.Table is empty

4. pizza shaped dog

LOL, my brothers dog did that to my dad, but not with Lou's. That is truly impressive.

How big is your lab? My girl is very petite, she is only 60 lbs

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)

3.Table is empty

4. pizza shaped dog

My dog has gotten to the point where if she sees me go downstairs with food, then come back upstairs for any reason, she'll immediately run downstiars assuming I left behind something she can take from my plate.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
LOL, my brothers dog did that to my dad, but not with Lou's. That is truly impressive.

How big is your lab? My girl is very petite, she is only 60 lbs

She's about 68 lbs. Doesnt even eat that much, but she apparently likes Lou's as much as possible.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
I'm sure a few folks on here had a fun night last night with the storms as well. I had a dog sleeping next to me on my pillow when I woke up at 5 am.

Yeah, whenever it rains they have her in the bed between them and they're both cuddling with her and such. She whimpers, cries, and shakes. Poor thing.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
You are awesome. Thanks for volunteering!

My girlfriend would love you. She volunteers for a pug rescue place out our way. I'm pretty certain when I get my house there is going to be a rescued pug living there.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
Puppy made it through the night and now she's sleeping. I was up til about 3. She was pretty pissed at me, I know she was hungry but the vet said no food or water til this morning.

Good to hear.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
My girlfriend would love you. She volunteers for a pug rescue place out our way. I'm pretty certain when I get my house there is going to be a rescued pug living there.

I don't do it much, but have been doing it more now that I am not working. My wife and older son do it every weekend, and my wife is now one of the go-to people there. I usually end up home with the younger boy, since he isnt old enough to work there yet. But when they have fundraisers and stuff, I go. Or do the manual labor picking up donated items and shuttling dogs between the 4 locations for surgeries and stuff.

Folks have a Maltese Bichon Frise Cross. He's now 15, had 4 teeth out this week, is quite blind and pretty deaf so I'll be surprised if he lasts another year.

We also had a cat, that got run over last November while I was over in the States.

Going forward I dunno if I'll have pets when I eventually get my own place, wherever that is. If it's a dog, probably want a Labrador, otherwise a cat.

Full bit

Edited by onedude

Two wheaten terriers and a shi tzu. Also have my sisters' 2 dogs living with us until she and her husband find a house since they just moved. Kinda crazy right now with 5 dogs around, but they're great. One of my sister's dogs is from Iraq. My brother-in-law saved him from some Iraqi kids that were pegging him with rocks, and it was his company's "mascot" until the Army said they couldn't keep him. So, he had to ship him home. He's the greatest dog too.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
Two wheaten terriers and a shi tzu. Also have my sisters' 2 dogs living with us until she and her husband find a house since they just moved. Kinda crazy right now with 5 dogs around, but they're great. One of my sister's dogs is from Iraq. My brother-in-law saved him from some Iraqi kids that were pegging him with rocks, and it was his company's "mascot" until the Army said they couldn't keep him. So, he had to ship him home. He's the greatest dog too.

Is this the same dog from Iraq that was mentioned in the Chicago Sun-Times a while back???

A collie, a fish, and a variety of small wild animals in our backyard that my wife puts food out for so they keep coming back.

We live in a semi-rural area, so we routinely have rabbits, racoons, possum, and woodchucks out back. I tell her not to feed them, but she doesn't listen to me. She's named most of them so she feels responsible for them I guess. LOL.

I used to work at a pet store and I swear half the animals there ended up at my house. I recently moved and I had to leave half of them with my parents because there is no room in my apt. At home I have 2 frogs (leopard frog & white's tree frog), 2 sugar gliders, 3 bearded dragons and 4 fish tanks (20 gal, 29 gal, and 2 55's. one of the 55's is coming down soon for 2 of my dragons). Then at my apartment I have 2 leopard geckos, 1 house gecko, 1 rabbit, 5 chinchillas, and 2 fish tanks (29 gallon & a little 1 gallon one with a betta). I also adopted a puppy from a rescue group right after I moved. She is a beagle/jack russell terrier mix. My roommate also has a pug.