Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HA! Joe Alexander.. I remember I was a huge fan of his. Raw as s***, but hes got good potential. A crazy athlete (in other words.. white boy got hops) but a project. (sounds familiar I know, but at least his B-Ball I.Q. is much better, not to mention coachable comming out. Typical Paxton move actually at least going for potential) Not a bad chance for him to audition maybe. Worst case, you let him walk anyways (don't think he will "figure it out" really). I'll stomach Warrick here I guess... (nothing against his game, per say, I just hate the guy) I would prefer the 1st deal since both players are younger, but I can care less either way especially since who knows how Noah will be and Taj and we need some bigger bodies too.

Edited by SoxAce

Latest from rumorpress.net

The Bulls are willing to trade Brad Miller, Tyus Thomas and Jerome James in exchange for Tracy McGrady. In addition, the Bulls have asked that the Rockets release Miller in order for him to return to the Bulls. The Bulls are unwilling to add any picks or other considerations for a trade that helps them in no way financially for 2010. Its basically a trade to give away Tyrus and to add a scoring punch in McGrady. If the Rockets continue to play hardball, they will likely work out something with the Knicks or nothing at all.

If a Tyrus to Rockets deal falls through, the Bulls will likely trade him to the Knicks for Al Harrington. This would be a move, again, to add more scoring punch with the loss of Salmons. If for some reason the Knicks change their mind on trading Harrington or if he is packaged in a Rockets deal, there is a strong chance Tyrus stays for the remainder of the season.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Wow...... :o

I wonder if there is any possibility of Martin heading to Chicago. The Rockets, Bulls and Kings have suggested and discussed a 3 team deal as recently as today which would have sent McGrady to chicago, which would ultimately save the Kings money.

It's looking like a three way deal with Houston-Kings-Knicks. GarPax so far is striking out on T-Mac.

Hmmm.. now could be just Kings-Rockets.. Man s*** will probably be ironed out later tonight.

Along with Martin, the Kings will send Sergio Rodriguez, Hilton Armstrong and Kenny Thomas to the Rockets. Joey Dorsey and Carl Landry will go to the Kings
Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
I wonder if the Bulls get in on this. Sounds ridiculous for the Kings. Basically they are just saving money?

Uhhhhh they deal Kevin Martin who was huge excess with the emergence of Tyreke Evans and get mad cash under the cap. Brilliant.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
I would be incredibly pissed if I was a Sacramento fan. The Kings one strength was their back-court and now that is messed up for a role player in Landry and half a season of T-Mac.

What? That backcourt has been a HUGE clusterf*** since Martin got back from injury. Now they probably sign Boozer.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
What was cluster f***ed about it, Evans is the pg and Martin the SG. It gave them a tall, athletic, high scoring back court.

The old "there's only one ball" saying comes into effect with Casspi, Martin, and Evans on the floor (who are all VERY ball dominant type players). Obviously McGrady doesn't help that that, but they aren't going anywhere this year anyways, and maybe they can use the expiring deal money they'll have this winter with McGrady leaving to get some legit help at the 4-5 (the only real 4-5 players they have right now are Hawes and Jason Thompson).

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:57 AM)
What was cluster f***ed about it, Evans is the pg and Martin the SG. It gave them a tall, athletic, high scoring back court.

The Kings view Evans as a SG supposedly. Landry is their PF of the future and if he gets minutes (he will there) he could really be special for them. They got rid of the injury prone Martin and his contract (though Houston's starting 5 is solid Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Scola, Yao [when he gets back] I think they will go) and the Rockets get their SG of the future in Martin. Kings got T-Mac who they will probably trade again to NY making it a three way. (though I hope Gar jumps on that)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
Uhhhhh they deal Kevin Martin who was huge excess with the emergence of Tyreke Evans and get mad cash under the cap. Brilliant.

I didn't realize how bad his cnotract was. I now don't get this for the Rockets. Why did they need Martin when they have Battier and Ariza who already clog the wings.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
The Kings view Evans as a SG supposedly. Landry is their PF of the future and if he gets minutes (he will there) he could really be special for them. They got rid of the injury prone Martin and his contract (though Houston's starting 5 is solid Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Scola, Yao [when he gets back] I think they will go) and the Rockets get their SG of the future in Martin. Kings got T-Mac who they will probably trade again to NY making it a three way. (though I hope Gar jumps on that)

I still am not sure how good Landry is, but he helps them at the 4 (I didn't notice he was in the trade as well before I made my last post). I would tend to agree with the Kings view of Evans as a 2 guard, but now they need to go out and find a point.

I still don't get that trade for the Rockets though. I'm not a big Martin fan: he's not a real good shooter from the field, he's overpaid, and I feel he puts up empty numbers, kind of like a shooting guard version of an Elton Brand.

Edited by whitesoxfan101