Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
If Tyrus Thomas is on this team on Friday, I'll organize the riot.

I will f***ing lose it if the Bulls don't make a trade by the deadline.

If we are getting any sort of picks and expiring contracts for Thomas by god hit the accept button Pax and Gar.

LeBron won't go anywhere people, I don't see him going away from his hometown to play somewhere else so stop the speculation. On top of that following up MJs legacy is not something LJ will want to do imo.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)

If we are getting any sort of picks and expiring contracts for Thomas by god hit the accept button Pax and Gar.

LeBron won't go anywhere people, I don't see him going away from his hometown to play somewhere else so stop the speculation. On top of that following up MJs legacy is not something LJ will want to do imo.

I think Lebron's a lock for the Knicks. He likes the spotlight too much to pass up that opportunity. I'm just worried that the Knicks could also sign Chris Bosh as well if they can make a deal or two to shed some salary.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:44 AM)
That would decimate the Bulls chances to do anything this year. Most of the other deals that are being talked about bring back as many players as we would get, and would give us players that would probably not be hurt in a week.

The Bulls priorities are the off-season though.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)

If nothing else happens, Tyrus will be dumped. I can't see anything less than Thomas and at least one of Salmons or Hinrich being traded.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
The Bulls priorities are the off-season though.

It is the first priority for sure, but nothing would be a bigger disaster than dumping a bunch of players, having a terrible second half, and then having a repeat of the 2000 off season, where everyone viewed the Bulls as a joke and signed with different teams. Then to top it off, the if the Bulls picked two guys from the third tier of players and tried to sell it like they did something good, we could punt on the second decade of the 21st century as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
It is the first priority for sure, but nothing would be a bigger disaster than dumping a bunch of players, having a terrible second half, and then having a repeat of the 2000 off season, where everyone viewed the Bulls as a joke and signed with different teams. Then to top it off, the if the Bulls picked two guys from the third tier of players and tried to sell it like they did something good, we could punt on the second decade of the 21st century as well.

I'm still pissed we got dissed by Eddie Jones.

I know what you mean though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)

Derrick Rose, Noah, and Deng add the legitmacy that I think was lacking in 2000

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Deng, Tyrus Thomas, and John Salmons for McGrady would work. I don't know if the Rockets have interest in that offer, but it would do wonders for the Bulls and if you got a 3rd team involved (for example, a team that wanted Tyrus Thomas), you could see the Rockets receive some draft picks and other stuff.

The big issue is that I highly doubt the Rockets have any interest in Deng (since they have Battier and Ariza on the wing). Albeit, Deng is a superior all around player to both.

Deng, Tyrus, and Salmons for TMac would be bad for this year, but it'd be an insane coup in regards to expiring money. The Bulls would have 23 coming off the book in TMac, 11 in Brad Miller, and another 6 in Jerome James. That's a s*** ton of money.

Sounds like Kahn said no to a Deng + Thomas for Jefferson trade. I can't say I really blame him, mostly because Deng wouldn't really solve the major problems we have with the roster right now. It should be interesting to see if Jefferson gets moved this offseason.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Sounds like Kahn said no to a Deng + Thomas for Jefferson trade. I can't say I really blame him, mostly because Deng wouldn't really solve the major problems we have with the roster right now. It should be interesting to see if Jefferson gets moved this offseason.

Source?

That would intrigue me, because we would need to sign a SF, so Gay would probably be on the radar.

How would Rose-Hinrich-Gay-Jefferson-Noah play?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)
Source?

That would intrigue me, because we would need to sign a SF, so Gay would probably be on the radar.

How would Rose-Hinrich-Gay-Jefferson-Noah play?

POSTED: Feb. 16 -- 3:51 p.m. ET

Jefferson

Chad Ford: The Wolves continue to rebuff teams looking into the availability of Al Jefferson.

A source close to the process told ESPN.com that the Wolves recently said no to a potential Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas for Jefferson deal, telling the Bulls that they aren't going to move Jefferson by the trade deadline, which is consistent with what Wolves GM David Kahn has been saying for weeks. However, a Deng-and-Thomas deal was the most realistic trade scenario we've heard for Jefferson.

Jefferson was one of the first big names to get mentioned in trade deadline buzz when word came out that the Pacers had rebuffed an offer of Jefferson for Danny Granger. Since then, Kahn has been adamant that he's not trading any member of his young core by the trade deadline. Kahn has maintained he wants an entire season to evaluate the talent he has on the roster.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?p...alkRoundup-2010

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 06:34 PM)
Rumorpress.net reporting that Deng + Noah for Bosh is being discussed. Bulls must really believe in Omer Asik. I'd like the deal alot.

I'm not interested in trading Noah. Especially when we could sign Bosh in the offseason.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
I'm not interested in trading Noah. Especially when we could sign Bosh in the offseason.

You gotta trade something to get something. You would own Bosh's bird rights, you get rid of Deng's salary in the process clearing the way for another max FA and you don't have to worry down the road paying 4 major guys as soon as 2011/2012.

PG-Rose

SG-Wade/Johnson

SF-Who cares?

PF-Bosh

C-Asik

You have three star players and could fill in the rest with draft picks and vets. Let's face it, the Bulls aren't going to pay Noah, Rose, Deng, and then another superstar.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)

I love Noah, but Chris Bosh is Chris Bosh. Plus, as previously said, the Bulls would be rid of Deng's contract. If this happens, I have a renewed faith in the Bull's front office.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)

Ya, but this gives you a much better chance of keeping him. Plus by doing that deal, the Bulls would still have money to add another big FA in the off-season anyway (at least if you are able to unload Salmons or Hinrich). The only tough part is you are giving up Noah.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
I love Noah, but Chris Bosh is Chris Bosh. Plus, as previously said, the Bulls would be rid of Deng's contract. If this happens, I have a renewed faith in the Bull's front office.

Ditto. Get it done!

Bosh + Rose is the best recruiting tool we could possibly imagine. If this deal goes down, I feel very confident we land a big fish in Free Agency.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Ditto. Get it done!

Bosh + Rose is the best recruiting tool we could possibly imagine. If this deal goes down, I feel very confident we land a big fish in Free Agency.

Ya, but you better know for sure you're going to re-sign Bosh if you deal Noah and Deng.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Ya, but this gives you a much better chance of keeping him. Plus by doing that deal, the Bulls would still have money to add another big FA in the off-season anyway (at least if you are able to unload Salmons or Hinrich). The only tough part is you are giving up Noah.

Ya, we'd still have Miller and James expiring after this season, and hopefully you deal Tyrus for expiring too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
If nothing else happens, Tyrus will be dumped. I can't see anything less than Thomas and at least one of Salmons or Hinrich being traded.

We need to cut ties with Tyrus, it speaks volumes that a rookie can come in and outplay him like Gibson has.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)

You're taking one hell of a chance though. You better guarantee me we're signing 2 of the elite free agents(obviously including Bosh) if we let go of Noah in that kind of deal.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
You're taking one hell of a chance though. You better guarantee me we're signing 2 of the elite free agents(obviously including Bosh) if we let go of Noah in that kind of deal.

Have to risk it. Bosh + Rose looks a s***load better to Wade/LBJ than Noah + Rose. And if you don't sign either, you're still better off with Bosh over Noah.

I'd be shocked if the Raptors dealt Bosh over the next few days.

That team could be the #4 team in the East with the way the Celtics are sliding come playoff time, and I think Bosh is more likely than not to stay there long-term.