(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 04:47 PM)
Eh, for a whopping 6 episodes in a single season. After that they just wrote her out of the show completely.

This is true, but that's because the new one sucked. Writing her out was a good thing

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Saddened by the passing of a Chicago original and a big part of my childhood.

Jerry G. Bishop - Original Svengoolie Dead at 77

"It is with sad news that we report the death of Chicago's original Svengoolie, JERRY G. BISHOP. Jerry was 77 years old. Mr. Bishop, a resident of San Diego, died of a heart attack Sunday, Sept. 15, at the University of California at San Diego Medical Center. . .

He will be missed by many fans"

SCREAMING YELLOW THEATRE WEBSITE

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 17, 2013 -> 10:43 PM)
Saddened by the passing of a Chicago original and a big part of my childhood.

Jerry G. Bishop - Original Svengoolie Dead at 77

"It is with sad news that we report the death of Chicago's original Svengoolie, JERRY G. BISHOP. Jerry was 77 years old. Mr. Bishop, a resident of San Diego, died of a heart attack Sunday, Sept. 15, at the University of California at San Diego Medical Center. . .

He will be missed by many fans"

SCREAMING YELLOW THEATRE WEBSITE

Really saddened to see this. Just the other day (it may have been the day he died) I watched a pretty cool documentary on TV Horror Hosts called American Scary. There was was some good Svengoolie footage. Jeez, I remember Jerry G. when he was a WCFL morning DJ. That was probably about 1966.

• 2 weeks later...

Well said.

Brad Meltzer

Options for this story

RIP Tom Clancy. My quick thoughts: Every modern-day thriller writer owes a slice of their career to Tom Clancy. In my case, I write well-researched thrillers filled with government secrets. I wouldn't be here without Clancy. He paved that path for so many of us.

Thrillers, like all art, are always a reflection of the culture. No one captured that Cold War fear -- and that uniquely American perspective -- like Clancy. Jack Ryan wasn't just a character. He was us. He was every American in those days when we were a push-of-the-button away from nuclear war. But unlike us, he was ready to do something about it. Seeing Jack Ryan win was vital to the American psyche. It wasn't just entertainment. It wasn't even hope. It was the true American Dream.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 05:19 PM)
Me too.

Patriot Games was a great movie.

Patriot Games was a thoroughly appalling film.

Hunt For Red October. Now, that was a good 'un. Sean Connery with a great performance - "While we conduct mishhhile drillsssshhhhhhhhh..." :lol: