(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 07:28 AM)
Roy from "Shipping Wars". I sometimes watch this during the marathon time slots on History. Does Heather need a hug?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/g...ticle-1.1584425

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what was said or done in the room that producers were able to successfully pitch a reality tv show about shipping to A&E.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
I'm trying to wrap my mind around what was said or done in the room that producers were able to successfully pitch a reality tv show about shipping to A&E.

It's fun to watch. It's a real business competition.

Always thought Hoffman was so immensely talented but never got the level of recognition he deserved. Saw someone tweet about it, and they said "you always believed that he was 100% into that role". Really enjoyed him in Charlie Wilson's War.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 2, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Always thought Hoffman was so immensely talented but never got the level of recognition he deserved. Saw someone tweet about it, and they said "you always believed that he was 100% into that role". Really enjoyed him in Charlie Wilson's War.

How is winning an Oscar for best actor not getting the recognition you deserve?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
How is winning an Oscar for best actor not getting the recognition you deserve?

I'm guessing I wasn't the only person in America who saw the name and said "where do I know that name?" and then looking him up and saying "God he looks so familar, what the heck has he been in?" and then seeing that oh yeah, this guy has been in a ton of stuff.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
3 kids and he was still messing around with heroin? WTF

it's not really one of those things you can just DECIDE to stop doing one day... it's a tad more complicated than that...

nonetheless I agree with you that it's incredibly selfish and stupid to not at least try and seek help given his circumstances. 10 days in rehab doesn't quite cut it imo.

so stupid.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 08:55 AM)
I'm guessing I wasn't the only person in America who saw the name and said "where do I know that name?" and then looking him up and saying "God he looks so familar, what the heck has he been in?" and then seeing that oh yeah, this guy has been in a ton of stuff.

But that doesn't mean he hasn't received the recognition he deserved...whether people knew who he was or not, he still received the highest possible honor in his profession.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
But that doesn't mean he hasn't received the recognition he deserved...whether people knew who he was or not, he still received the highest possible honor in his profession.

And the word recognition has multiple definitions and interpretations too.