State your unpopular opinions

BigSqwert

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:03 PM)
Chiropracters are quacks..

Thought the same thing till my back started going out in my 30's I would have to use the nighstand to get out of bed in the morn. Then I met a quack. He showed me why my back was hurting and cracked my back. He also showed me how to do a few simple things in the morning and now I see him 5 times a year max and my back feel great.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Thought the same thing till my back started going out in my 30's I would have to use the nighstand to get out of bed in the morn. Then I met a quack. He showed me why my back was hurting and cracked my back. He also showed me how to do a few simple things in the morning and now I see him 5 times a year max and my back feel great.

Ok, I should have qualified my statement.

I do think chiros can help with back pain. I don't think that "spinal alignment" can affect asthma, cancer, diabetes, etc. like some chiros claim. There seems to be a chasm between these two groups of chiros.

I haven't read much of anything here so I don't what anybody else has said. I pretty much keep away from politics on the internet because my opinions on many things are fierce and often not in the mainstream. So in the spirit of the thing here I will throw caution to the wind.

1. I don't believe in evolution. I also think it is completely and thoroughly unprovable scientifically.

2. I also don't believe in creationism or intelligent design, and think they are not provable scientifically either.

3. Global Warming is the biggest hoax perpetuated on the public in my lifetime. Joseph Goebbels would be jealous.

4. Unless certain changes are made what we know as the West or Western Civilization has about one or two generations to go.

5. Most people who predict the future don't have a clue. There are too many unknown variables. That goes for me too. In that spirit I predict the future in America will closely resemble how life is portrayed in the movie Demolition Man.

Like I said, I have no idea what others have said here. That and I could have made a much longer list.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 06:18 PM)
1. I don't believe in evolution. I also think it is completely and thoroughly unprovable scientifically.

Incorrect. It can be tested and observed.

2. I also don't believe in creationism or intelligent design, and think they are not provable scientifically either.

Correct. The underlying idea makes no falsifiable predictions, so they cannot be tested. Specific claims are falsifiable, however (and they've been shown to be false).

Partly because of the Rio Grande’s meandering route out to the Gulf of Mexico, planners routed the fence up to 2 miles north of the river, shortcutting the wider arcs. Nearly 200 landowners hold property within that narrow strip. Some have found their driveways cut off from the rest of the United States. Farmers have lost access to fields, and livestock have been cut off from river water. Until a recent agreement, the University of Texas at Brownsville faced the prospect of the fence dividing their campus in two.

http://paragraphsonspi.blogspot.com/2009/0...ected-ways.html

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Call them what you will, they saved my golf game when MDs could not.

see above:

I do think chiros can help with back pain. I don't think that "spinal alignment" can affect asthma, cancer, diabetes, etc. like some chiros claim. There seems to be a chasm between these two groups of chiros.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 05:45 AM)
see above:

my asthma kept me from playing.

I tend to agree with you.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
I haven't read much of anything here so I don't what anybody else has said. I pretty much keep away from politics on the internet because my opinions on many things are fierce and often not in the mainstream. So in the spirit of the thing here I will throw caution to the wind.

Don't consider this an attack, but how can you really think that? I'm curious the reason(s) you believe that.

We see evolution occurring in some areas every year (see the flu virus). Also, do you just believe that all of these unique traits that certain animals seem to have is all coincidental? I mean some animals have such absurd characteristics that perfectly help to adapt them to their environments that it is clearly (to me) because they evolved to be that way.

Furthermore, it can actually be proven. Studying the bones, genetic makeup, DNA, behavioral patterns of current and extinct species helps to prove the theory. I just really don't understand people who have that belief, especially those who reject the creationist view at the same time.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
Don't consider this an attack, but how can you really think that? I'm curious the reason(s) you believe that.

We see evolution occurring in some areas every year (see the flu virus). Also, do you just believe that all of these unique traits that certain animals seem to have is all coincidental? I mean some animals have such absurd characteristics that perfectly help to adapt them to their environments that it is clearly (to me) because they evolved to be that way.

Furthermore, it can actually be proven. Studying the bones, genetic makeup, DNA, behavioral patterns of current and extinct species helps to prove the theory. I just really don't understand people who have that belief, especially those who reject the creationist view at the same time.

I'll try to help you understand those beliefs a bit here (without fulling knowing the thoughts of the poster). Now, I'll just say that I have my own weird thoughts that I am hashing my way through still that leave room for evolution, but don't completely follow the mold that we see in the scientific stuff. I know, weird, but it's my own thoughts I'm working through while trying to take in as much information as possible. You can probably even find a discussion I had about it on here a while ago.

Anyhow, the flu seems to be a bad example because evolution implies a gain of information of abilities, right? Did the flu gain any new information to become more than a flu? Not really, it is still a flu and still acts like a flu. It always had the ability to transfer between species. So, just because it uses that ability doesn't mean anything new was added and evolution occurred.

Also, with the unique traits and absurd characteristics. Again, the thought would be that these creatures had a lot of abilities before, then settled into a certain spot where they gradually lost their abilities and became much more specific to the environment they are in. So, instead of a gain of information for those weird things, it is viewed as them going down a specific branch that they always had the capabilities to do.

Another take on that same thing would be the Intelligent Designer philosophy that would say that the creatures were pushed along to develop perfectly into that weird spot and that you are showing an excellent example of why we can believe in an Intelligent Designer.

The other stuff, well you'd have to go into specifics, but I may or may not be able to give you some thoughts on those. Hopefully, that gives you some insight. If you want to hear more since I have really looked a lot into this subject from several angles, go ahead and send me a PM since I don't want to see this turn into another discussion on evolution and derail this thread.