White Sox Winner

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Hmmm...… anyone remember a certain someone who said something about Floyd destroying a free-swinging Angel's :P lineup? Neither do I. I missed the game, but am enormously please at what I'm seeing from this team. We're taking on the AL's best, and playing well.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
Hmmm… anyone remember a certain someone who said something about Floyd destroying a free-swinging Angel’s lineup? Neither do I. I missed the game, but am enormously please at what I’m seeing from this team.

You said he was going to piss his pants. You have to say this again, but about Danks.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
No matter what happens tomorrow, we need to remember that we just took two series against the 2 best teams in the AL, both 20+ games over .500. And we took it from Tampa. That's a seriously good run for us, setting us up well for the rest of the season. Now let's go get that sweep!

Post of the Week.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
Beckham doubled in this game, fyi

I know...... :huh:

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:20 PM)
Not because of the double, but because of the fear he struck in the angels the minute they stepped into the ball park.

Count it.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
Post of the Week.

Out of respect to your posting prowess, I will post this award amongst the many I have achieved. Total awards: 1. But in all seriousness, series wins against the AL's best are a strong barometer of how we will do in the playoffs if we do manage to hold off the rest of the Central. We have a pretty strong schedule coming up; Detroit has a killer schedule starting August 18th, but so we do. Minni has a weak schedule in Sept. so we need them to drop back now so we can gain some distance on them if they make a late season push. Hopefully we can outlast Detroit in the 2nd half of August and put up some distance.

To make it easier:

Tigers' schedule for this month: home series of Bal, Min, KC, Sea, and TB. Road series of Boston, Oak, and LAA

and they string seattle, oakland, angels, and tampa all in a row starting the 18th through the 31st

In September, the Twins have:

Home: Sox, Oak, Cle, Det

Road: Cle, Tor, Sox, KC, Det

But they have 6 against KC, 3 with Bal, 4 with Cle, and 6 with Texas remaining in August

Edited by The Baconator

Great job Thunderbolt! You did call it.

I fear a couple others have jinxed us for tomorrow however. Saying we'll hit the 7.00 ERA Santana.

In a reverse jinx, I'll say Santana will mow down our lineup like Al Capone's game mowed down so many back in the day.

Go Sox!

Nice to see Thome rap two homers tonight. And Pauley. What a year he's having.

So far so good. Unfortunately if we want to win this division, we're going to have to keep on rolling. There's no margin for error. Really very little with the monster road trip looming at the end of the month and no guarantees on the West coast swing.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 12:05 AM)
Five of six against the leaders of the other two divisions.

That's hawt.

5 of 6 against not only divisions leaders, but the two best teams in the AL (and we all know the AL win the WS, like always). Throw Tampa in there and we've had quite the string of impressive victories. It's just that dastardly Central that we have to defeat...