Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for Illinois. But I'm sorry for a team like Utah St. if you can't win your garbage conference you don't deserve to go to the tourney. And further just watching Utah St. they don't look anything like a NCAA tournament team. They certainly don't have the talent and can't play as at high of a level of Minny, Illinois, etc.

And yes I know if Illinois can't beat Utah and Bradley they don't deserve to go to the tourney.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Illinois isn't going to make it, although you could argue they should over teams like Utah State, Virginia Tech, and UTEP. Anybody that shows up to an NIT game at Assembly Hall should be shot btw. Need Kentucky to win tomorrow so Illinois at least has an outside shot at getting in.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Illinois isn't going to make it, although you could argue they should over teams like Utah State, Virginia Tech, and UTEP. Anybody that shows up to an NIT game at Assembly Hall should be shot btw. Need Kentucky to win tomorrow so Illinois at least has an outside shot at getting in.

The funniest thing is they won't get a home game because Assembly Hall is booked, so they will play a road game and lose to whoever they play because you know Davis and the upperclassmen would be no shows.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
The funniest thing is they won't get a home game because Assembly Hall is booked, so they will play a road game and lose to whoever they play because you know Davis and the upperclassmen would be no shows.

Thank God. An NIT game at Assembly Hall would be beyond embarrassing. Just tank the first game and go home, winning the NIT would be more embarrassing than missing the tournament.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
Thank God. An NIT game at Assembly Hall would be beyond embarrassing. Just tank the first game and go home, winning the NIT would be more embarrassing than missing the tournament.

I'd play in it just to get extra practice time but I would let DJ, Paul and Griffey each play 30 minutes plus.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
I'd play in it just to get extra practice time but I would let DJ, Paul and Griffey each play 30 minutes plus.

They won't turn the bid down, even though they should. The extra practice time isn't worth the embarrassment. Illinois State might finally get their shot at Illinois. :lolhitting

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
HOLY CRAP that ending of regulation of the kentucky game was ridiculous.

And Kentucky acted like they had won the game. They remain the luckiest and least classy team in NCAA.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
If Mississippi State gets in over Illinois, I'll raise hell

Utah St. is the biggest one to me. That team has no business being in the tourney. If you refuse to play anybody then you don't deserve to play in the tourney if you don't win your conference tourney. Cal and UTEP also haven't beaten anybody this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
Florida is lucky to be in the tourney. A 10 seed is a freaking joke.

I'm shocked they're a better seed than the Gophers. I don't get that at all.