Alex Rios OBP = .299

Frankensteiner

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small sample size to say the least.

You can't make a fair judgement on Rios until the middle of next season IMO.

But I'm not one of those who's confident he can put up an .800 OPS and play CF everyday for the next 5 seasons.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
one has a history of being good the other has a history of being pretty poor.

One hasn't been good for a few years already. The other has never had a full year as a starter. Regardless, for the amount being paid to Rios, give me BA as the #9 hitter, hell give me period, anyday over Rios.

Wow, you're going to judge Rios already? He's been on this team for half a month. Jermaine Dye's been absolute crap for the past two months, is that going to erase what he did with the White Sox prior to that?

Seriously, grow some patience. Sheesh.

I'm very glad Alex Rios has been having a terrible year offensively, because if he was doing great then we never would have acquired him in the first place.

I'm very mad Alex Rios has had a terrible year offensively, because he has had prime moments where he could have lifted us to victory and maybe kept us in the race. He has done absolutely nothing at the plate. Some 40/40 guys (yes that's what he has been billed up to be in the majors) can carry a team. He could really have lifted us on that road trip and in those 6 games vs. KC and the O's but simply sucked.

He got here in time to help us THIS YEAR and has failed miserably.

Hopefully he'll get his s*** together for next season.

Now comes the part where somebody makes an excuse for him ...he hasn't played every single game or something like that. Well, we have four outfielders worthy of playing and he was given ample at bats to provide a spark. Yes Dye has also sucked and Pods has failed us on the basepaths, but Rios?? Yuk so far.

Edited by greg775

I'm very mad Alex Rios has had a terrible year offensively, because he has had prime moments where he could have lifted us to victory and maybe kept us in the race. He has done absolutely nothing at the plate. Some 40/40 guys (yes that's what he has been billed up to be in the majors) can carry a team. He could really have lifted us on that road trip and in those 6 games vs. KC and the O's but simply sucked.

He got here in time to help us THIS YEAR and has failed miserably.

Hopefully he'll get his s*** together for next season.

Now comes the part where somebody makes an excuse for him ...he hasn't played every single game or something like that. Well, we have four outfielders worthy of playing and he was given ample at bats to provide a spark. Yes Dye has also sucked and Pods has failed us on the basepaths, but Rios?? Yuk so far.

40/40? iv heard 30/30, but not 40/40.

I am not so sure people realize that Rios has only played in 17 games for us. Not sure how anyone can make any sort of judgment on him.

Well we can judge him on how he's helped the team in a pennant race which is what acquisitions are meant to do. He's not helped at all.

So he deserves some heat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 01:13 AM)
Why are people so sensitive getting mad at those of us who think Rios is a dog?

This team acquired him to help now and he's failed miserably. Same with Pena. He hasn't helped a lick.

Because of the 10,345 posts made about how this will be the end of the Sox as a franchise, KW is horrible, blah blah blah. Rios has been timid (my money on JD making it a weird clubhouse) and will be fine once he's set as our CF and isn't being benched over Wise. The Sox have also been known to "fix" pitchers from other organizations.

But seriously, stop f***ing watching. Its clearly causing massive whining and depression. Just turn it off for the season, mmk?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 01:13 AM)
Why are people so sensitive getting mad at those of us who think Rios is a dog?

This team acquired him to help now and he's failed miserably. Same with Pena. He hasn't helped a lick.

Because of the 10,345 posts made about how this will be the end of the Sox as a franchise, KW is horrible, blah blah blah. Rios has been timid (my money on JD making it a weird clubhouse) and will be fine once he's set as our CF and isn't being benched over Wise. The Sox have also been known to "fix" pitchers from other organizations.

But seriously, stop f***ing watching. Its clearly causing massive whining and depression. Just turn it off for the season, mmk?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
By comparison, BA (who I think sucks) had an OBP of .322 when the Sox cut bait.

Essentially we traded for a rich man's Gary Matthews Jr.

or a poor man's Torii Hunter. Use the comparison you want.

(don't mind slugging though, even though I know it's awful)

besides all that, who gives a f*** at THIS EXACT POINT IN THE SEASON? no one. Bring me some Flowers. I want Roses.

BTW, glad you could show up when they're playing awful again, even if it is 2 straight wins. 2 straight wins after a 2-9 stretch is still 4-9

And I still love seeing that prediction in your sig. I may have been wrong, but atleast I was right in the end.

I am not so sure people realize that Rios has only played in 17 games for us. Not sure how anyone can make any sort of judgment on him.

I don't think it's too early to make an opinion about his bloated contract.

comparing him to Brian Anderson is a really reasonable, great start.

That is who he is supposed to be replacing, right? I wish Ozzie would be content with sticking him in CF however.

Edited by santo=dorf