If we go on a 20 game win streak

bmags

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
by the way, though, Brazil is not a country of particularly dark skin complexion.

This was a really entertaining exchange. I assume you've been there before so I do not need to tell you how fun Brazil can be and how nice and welcoming the people are as well. I visited Sao Paulo on a couple occasions and long to go back. Rio was fun too but there were times I felt a little threatened, and that never happens to me, knife or no knife. I have heard Curitiba is the fastest growing city in Brazil. Any particular reason for moving there rather than Santa Katerina or Porto Alegre?

I guess we can make this the "travel/tourism" thread.

I lived in Colombia, South America, for one year and simply loved it. It does really help to speak the language.

Have also lived in China, Philippines and Thailand. Currently, in my 2nd year living and teaching (university and ESL, two jobs) in Thailand.

Loved Philippines and now Thailand, China not so much, although it's an amazing and interesting country, I never really felt comfortable there.

And my wife is from Russia...although technically we're separated and will be getting divorced soon, I can still claim her debts, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
There's no real reason. I have some money. I have no desire to get a job in journalism. I'm thinking about grad school.

It all pointed to going to Brazil.

Join the club sans the Brazil part lol.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
I will literally suck my own dick.

If you could pull that off, you would have already done it. You're no Ron Jeremy.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 02:58 AM)
This was a really entertaining exchange. I assume you've been there before so I do not need to tell you how fun Brazil can be and how nice and welcoming the people are as well. I visited Sao Paulo on a couple occasions and long to go back. Rio was fun too but there were times I felt a little threatened, and that never happens to me, knife or no knife. I have heard Curitiba is the fastest growing city in Brazil. Any particular reason for moving there rather than Santa Katerina or Porto Alegre?

My sister in law is Brazilian and has some friends who are helping me out in Curitiba. The weather there is relatively cooler, which is fine by me. Dolfinopolis is only a few hours away, as well.

If we get to 5, I'll start planning the usage of mileage, To 10, I'll start putting a ton of gas in the car, to 15 I'll make that call to wite to let him know I'm comming (with directions map quested) and his girlfriend will be there for me, and 20 I'm making that trip to South Dakota with my video camera.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
I live in Eastern Europe.

I will "lay seed" in my new 19 yr old Ukrainian GF (I am 37) and deal with the consequences....

I think that's kinda reckless but well worth 20 wins in a row

Hmm, doesn't she have a choice in this matter? :)

I admire your devotion, but probably something to think twice or even three times about... :begood

Edited by iamshack