**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**

Brian

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 05:23 PM)
My Yankee hate has already overwhelmed my Twinkie hate. Kick arse Duensing.

No lose situation for me. Would love to see Sabathia continue with his lack of October dominance.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
Typical Twins bulls***. A bloop single by Cuddyer and a wild pitch plates 2 for the Twins.

That wasn't a wild pitch, that was a fastball right down the middle that Posada messed up on. Then he doesn't hustle to get the ball and lets Mauer score. Just an absolutely pathetic play by Posada especially after complaining about Molina starting in game 2.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Also, why the f*** does Chip Caray still have a job and how the hell is he considered a good enough announcer to do playoff games?

His last name.

I feel empty without all the Frank TV ads this year.

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
It's never ceased to amaze me how easily the Yanks always seem to handle the Twins.

Probably helps that they don't go into series vs. them with a deafeated attitude like some team.

Chip Carey just said, "It's hard to believe Phil Hughes is still just 23."

I know Hughes has been awesome out of the pen, but so? Has he done something so great in his career that would lead you to believe he is older? Does he have a bunch of accomplishment under his belt? I don't get it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)

I know Hughes has been awesome out of the pen, but so? Has he done something so great in his career that would lead you to believe he is older? Does he have a bunch of accomplishment under his belt? I don't get it.

it's chip carey.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)

I'm pretty certain I heard him say Cabrera has played in the division series for the Angels, Red Sox, Yankees, and Rays.

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
I'm pretty certain I heard him say Cabrera has played in the division series for the Angels, Red Sox, Yankees, and Rays.

I thought he said AGAINST those teams, but wasn't certain.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Also, why the f*** does Chip Caray still have a job and how the hell is he considered a good enough announcer to do playoff games?

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/media/video...tent_id=7017529

"LINE DRIVE, BASE HIT! CAUGHT OUT THERE! RUNNER TAGS, HERE HE COMES, THROW TO THE PLATE, ON TARGET AND IN TIME!!!!!!"

Simply one of the worst calls I've ever heard.

You know, now that I think about it, a serious part of me wonders why the Yankees didn't hold CC off until Game 2 and go with Burnett in game 1. The Twins were going to probably lose game 1 no matter what they did; The Yankees were better Rested, the Twins just got off a plane after playing 1 1/3 game in game 163 and were going to be totally spent, the Twins were going to have Duensing on the mound at best, whereas Blackburn and Baker come up in the next couple games. Burnett probably would have been good enough.

The game the Twins really need to steal is game 2. They'll be rested, they'll have Blackburn on the mound, etc. If the Yankees had CC going tomorrow he could still have pitched game 5 back in NY on Normal rest as well.

If the Twins steal game 2 tomorrow I'm going to think about this post again. Of course, the Yankees probably are just that good, but you never know.