**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 01:54 AM)
The thing that gets me is it's in the playoffs. That means there's more umps on the field. A call like that makes it better off just keeping it the way it is during the season if that's the case. Not saying I want that, and I know Baseball still wants to keep the game as regular (America's pastime) as possible, but it draws a fine line here. It's the only sport that doesn't have it basically, and I still wouldn't like it personally as I grew up and played this fine game as it is, but changes always happens.

I grew up without it too, but our only option other than extended replay is incidents like tonight where people get screwed, because as long as there are humans umpiring the games, there are going to be missed calls (probably not as bad as the one tonight, but missed calls regardless).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst thing about the call is that they have LF/RF umps in the playoffs just for that type of call. It wasnt a 3B ump like over 100/150 feet away. It was the LF ump who had the ball bounce like 25 feet in front of him. The ball was a foot fair, dont know how he missed it

Either way, glad to see the Twins getting beat, especially Mr. Gomez and Cabrera

Mauers ball actually hits the LF's glove, bounces fair and into the stand. The ump is like 15 feet away and calls it foul. insane

but the Twins had bases loaded and 0 outs and could score. embarrassing. 2 first pitch swings and the hits go a total of 100 feet, when all you need is a fly ball and get the run home.

What sucks donkey balls (for me at least) is that A-Rod and Tex beat the Twins...again...for about the 175th time. I f*^(&*g hate those 2 players. If the Yanks advance, look for A-Rod to go back to his 'unclutch' ways. He is only 'clutch' during the Twins series

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
Mauers ball actually hits the LF's glove, bounces fair and into the stand. The ump is like 15 feet away and calls it foul. insane

but the Twins had bases loaded and 0 outs and could score. embarrassing. 2 first pitch swings and the hits go a total of 100 feet, when all you need is a fly ball and get the run home.

What sucks donkey balls (for me at least) is that A-Rod and Tex beat the Twins...again...for about the 175th time. I f*^(&*g hate those 2 players. If the Yanks advance, look for A-Rod to go back to his 'unclutch' ways. He is only 'clutch' during the Twins series

Hope you're right about Rodriguez, though I am pulling for the Twins in this one.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 12:44 AM)
101 was right about the Twins still blowing every chance they had.. but you better believe this will receive media attention tomorrow.

------------------->It wasn't even close

I agree with the poster who wrote that the ump should've been fired on the spot,pretty pathetic missed call but f**k the Twins...

Angels Yanks ALCS is looking like more and more likely...GO ANGELS!

Wow, I missed that play. If I lived in Minni or was a Twins fan I would throw Lens Crafters gift cards onto the field anytime Cuzzi worked.

I hope the Twins take the rest of the games with brutal authority.

-To soften the lopsided Swisher robbery, or trade.

-To prevent this currently brewing, ridiculous notion that b**** Tits is clutch in October. He's not, and he has tits.

Normally, I'm fine with the Yankees. I just want to savor any and all games played in the s***hole Dome until it's over. Weird, everytime I'd watch a Sox game there I would get a headache. I've taken enough Psych classes to qualify that, but I'm not in the mood.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)

When did the Twins learn how to play White Sox baseball?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
When did the Twins learn how to play White Sox baseball?

Funny how at motownsports Tigers fans were posting that the Twins are playing Tigers baseball when they couldn't score with no outs and the bases loaded.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
Seriously, it's game 3 of the ALDS and the pitchers the Twins have thrown out so far are Duensing, Blackburn, and now THE Carl Pavano.

How the Hell did these guys win the division with that as their starting rotation?

The AL Central was an absolute joke and the White Sox and Tigers would struggle to score against little leaguers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
Seriously, it's game 3 of the ALDS and the pitchers the Twins have thrown out so far are Duensing, Blackburn, and now THE Carl Pavano.

How the Hell did these guys win the division with that as their starting rotation?

Pavano has to be a HATED man in New York. He basically stole 4 years of 40 something (I can't remember the exact amount) million dollars from them and hardly ever pitched in the process, and now he's flummoxing them tonight after doing so twice during the regular season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
Pavano has to be a HATED man in New York. He basically stole 4 years of 40 something (I can't remember the exact amount) million dollars from them and hardly ever pitched in the process, and now he's flummoxing them tonight after doing so twice during the regular season.

There's the return of the favor.

I can't decide what was the worse baserunning play, Gomez the other night getting caught off 2nd and directly costing them at least 1 run, or the Punto play which turned 1st and 3rd, 0 out into man on 1st, 1 out tonight. I know the Punto one came in perhaps the worst spot possible though, and now the Twins are 3 outs away from elimination against Rivera.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
I can't decide what was the worse baserunning play, Gomez the other night getting caught off 2nd and directly costing them at least 1 run, or the Punto play which turned 1st and 3rd, 0 out into man on 1st, 1 out tonight. I know the Punto one came in perhaps the worst spot possible though, and now the Twins are 3 outs away from elimination against Rivera.

I'd say Punto's was worst because Friday's play, at least for me, is reflective of Gomez -- he'll always be aggressive, even to the point of over running a base and directly costing his team a run. Nick Punto is a 31 year old veteran player who shouldn't have let his emotions get control of him in that situation.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
Twins have been playing some awfully dumb baseball.

I think it's pretty clear they are pressing. It could be because of the big stage of the playoffs, it could be because they realize they are playing a team that is A LOT better than they are, or perhaps a combination of the two. But it's killed them because they aren't good enough to make mistakes against a team like the Yankees and survive, and these mistakes are a big reason why they are 3 outs from putting up an 0-10 record against New York this year and being swept out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Edited by whitesoxfan101