Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields

pmcochr

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
Or maybe they genuinely think Viciedo will stick at 3b.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Retherford break camp with the big league team next spring. I do think Viciedo will stick at third. I hope Teahen can find a Catholic church close by the stadium.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 09:15 AM)
Interesting. I am not surprised to see Fields out the door so quickly, but I am shocked to see Getz gone. Teahen is a nice add for us.

This is how I feel. I don't mind Fields going, but I'm a Getz guy and do NOT want Nix playing 2nd everyday.

I think Getz could turn into a Mark Grudzielanek type player.

Teahan won't be facing Buehrle anymore.

I wouldn't mind it if he were at 2B or 3B, but he sure as s*** better not be in RF. Even with JD sucking nuts for half the season he still put up an OPS 50 points higher than Teahen.

I'm really afraid this is another KW sees a guy doing awesome against us and acquires him even though he sucks against everybody else.

f*** man if Nix is at 2B and Teahen is at RF we might lose 100 games.

f*** even Pods had a higher OPS than Teahen

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Before the offseason began I mentioned Beltre on a reclamation deal with Beckham going to 2B. I'd like that kind of move because it beefs up our IF offense and defense, and it puts Beckham in a spot where he can be elite for the next 10 years.

Count me in on the Adrian Beltre bandwagon.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
I wouldn't mind it if he were at 2B or 3B, but he sure as s*** better not be in RF. Even with JD sucking nuts for half the season he still put up an OPS 50 points higher than Teahen.

I'm really afraid this is another KW sees a guy doing awesome against us and acquires him even though he sucks against everybody else.

And the award for best lead dramatic actor is...

If I'm the Sox, I don't mess with Beckham. You did that once and is coming around nicely. MAYBE, if he comes to the org and says he would be more comfortable in a MI spot. Nix played part-time last year. Hard to have any consistency when that happens. If Teahen is in RF, I'm thinking the combo of him and Rios will make up for the loss of JD's OPS.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)

I know I know. Bigtime overreaction. Just nervous about the offseason/next season like I haven't been in a really long time. We are on a very thin line to where we improve and compete or fall into the 'bad' territory.

not saying the White Sox would be world beaters, but I think a healthy rotation of Peavy/Danks/Floyd and MB in the AL Central would make it difficult to lose 100.

Also, are we talking D with Nix to Getz? Because OBP between Getz and Nix was .324 to .308 and you get 10 more HRs out of Nix in about 120 less PAs... Nix OPS+ was 10 points higher (neither was spectacular though) and Gets RC/G was .1 higher, 4.5 to 4.4.

The glaring thing is SB, Getz 25 out of 27 to Nix 10 out of 12. However, with the 10 extra home runs in less PAs, Nix actually scored himself 10 more times than Getz moving up 1 base 15 more times.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...xja01-bat.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...zch01-bat.shtml

Edited by SoxFan562004

Agree. If Kenny gets Teahen and plans to start him in RF then we need to ambush him with frozen paintballs. But IMO we shouldn't be starting him anywhere.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)

Don't put anything past a man who whose Opening Day CF's for the last four years were Brian Anderson, Darin Erstad, Nick Swisher, and Dewayne Wise. He has a right to be afraid. Very afraid.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
not saying the White Sox would be world beaters, but I think a healthy rotation of Peavy/Danks/Floyd and MB in the AL Central would make it difficult to lose 100.

Also, are we talking D with Nix to Getz? Because OBP between Getz and Nix was .324 to .308 and you get 10 more HRs out of Nix in about 120 less PAs... Nix OPS+ was 10 points higher (neither was spectacular though) and Gets RC/G was .1 higher, 4.5 to 4.4.

The glaring thing is SB, Getz 25 out of 27 to Nix 10 out of 12. However, with the 10 extra home runs in less PAs, Nix actually scored himself 10 more times than Getz moving up 1 base 15 more times.

In regards to SB, don't you have to factor in games played? I'm not saying Nix would have 25, but I would imagine he'd have at least 5 more in the same amount of games, no?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)

I guess I'm not all that worried about the SB factor. Being a slow team (like we have been with the plodders) is one thing...but if you bring guys in with higher OBP and can move runners and go 1st to 3rd more often the SB wouldn't be that important IMO.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)

Yeah but that was mostly against lefties. I worry about him playing against all righties. But it's not just about Nix. I worry about where we're going to get offense from if a guy like Teahen is expected to put up corner outfield numbers, which he cant

Edited by jphat007