Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields

pmcochr

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Why is power such a big make up for not being able to hit the ball? He has alot of flaws at the plate and if he's on an island and not surrounded by a bunch of other power/k guys then maybe there is an argument. However, with the current makeup of the Sox, Getz is a much better fit, not only for SB's, but for contact rate and extending rally's to make other pitchers get more work. The good news is that Nix wont start anyway and he'll be mostly a sunday player.

Power makes up for a lot because Nix scored himself 10 more times with one swing of the bat in about 120 less PAs than Getz.

I think you have a legit argument about what the White Sox need in guys who take pitches etc, but I'm not sure Getz is necessarily a large or small piece of that answer. Like I said, it's early and it's KW, to me this move is kind of a push and a positive if Teahen goes to 3b, because the Sox magically have an elite 2b

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
If we've learned anything about Kenny Williams it's that he's a very non aggressive gm. He probably wont make any other moves this offseason so it's definitely time to freak out.

Wait, what?

Everybody who has reported on this story has mentioned Teahen to RF. That is why we are freaking out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
Give up the 100 losses crap. Unless about three pitchers on the Sox starting staff under go group Tommy John surgery, it ain't happenin. Save the drama.

Seriously, you would have thought we just traded Danks and Beckham for Teahen judging by the reaction in this thread. Fields obviously was done with the organization, and Getz, as I've said all along, was never going to be more than a #8 or 9 hitter.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
Josh Fields still has more potential than Jayson Nix.

Disagree, as at least Nix is a great base runner and superior fielder. Both have the potential to hit for above average power with a low batting average. I would be shocked if Fields is even in the majors 3 years from now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
Pff, Retherford has Danny Richar written all over him. You can all slob him and say he's the next great thing, and I'll sit here and tell you that just breaking out at 24 in a fall league is a sign that he's getting lucky and he will suck.

Then he'll hit .200 or so and look like crap but people will still refuse to believe.

Then he will finally, a year later, be given away and fade to no man's land.

He didn't just emerge. Retherford might not be a top 30 prospect, but he's raked at every level.