Comments Thread - 50 Fav Rock Acts

knightni

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
I'm surprised my ranking of Lynyrd Skynyrd at #12 is the highest vote they received.

I had them higher, than lower, then off the list, then I think around 15. I was crazy with this list.

I probably should have had Radiohead in my top 20, but I just forgot about them. I go through periods where I listen to them fairly often and others where I never listen to them at all, and it just turns out that this is one of the periods where I never listen to them :P

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
I probably should have had Radiohead in my top 20, but I just forgot about them. I go through periods where I listen to them fairly often and others where I never listen to them at all, and it just turns out that this is one of the periods where I never listen to them :P

Yea I couldn't believe I forgot Pearl Jam. It's gonna be one of those list when most posters will probably say "how the hell did I forgot that band" when the full list is up.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
Yea I couldn't believe I forgot Pearl Jam. It's gonna be one of those list when most posters will probably say "how the hell did I forgot that band" when the full list is up.

Well, I am amazed at the divide that occurs with Pearl Jam depending on your age. I have two good friends who are both 26, and they don't really care for Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder at all, whereas I am 32 and they have to be one of my top 3 musical influences in my life.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 06:49 AM)
perhaps more of a window than divide. They are a "band with a couple nice hits" for me. I do not know too many people in their 50s that would have Pearl Jam on their list.

Eddie Vedder himself is only 5 years from the half-century mark.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 05:49 AM)
perhaps more of a window than divide. They are a "band with a couple nice hits" for me. I do not know too many people in their 50s that would have Pearl Jam on their list.

My uncle, who is 51(?), is of the opinion that Ten is the greatest rock and roll album ever. I don't completely agree with him, but it is still a great album.

I'm 59 and probably due to senility I don't remember my list too well. I can't for the life of me remember my list. Like Tex said, I too when making my list had bands (one of them being Pearl Jam) on the list, then off the list, then back on the list. Anyway, yeah old as I am, I still think Pearl Jam is a GREAT band.

I have to admit though, I'm not familiar with Radiohead. I've heard of them, but that's it.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
I wonder if the Fleetwood Mac voters are fans of Peter Green or the latter lineup.

98% of people think the albums Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, and Tusk are the entire body of work the band put out. Hell, 98% of people assume the album Fleetwood Mac was their debut album and not their 10th (!!) release.

I was never a huge fan of any incarnation of the band, but they sure had perseverance, I'll give them that.