Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
Hopefully It's Austin Kearns. :)

Actually... I could see this signing as well.

I like that idea but I wouldn't want to give Kearns guaranteed money. A split contract would be nice however, or maybe something similar to what the Red Sox did with Smoltz??? where there was a specific date given for the player to be in the Majors, and if he wasn't up by that point the player became a FA.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:48 AM)
So should we be expecting two OFFICIAL signings tomorrow?

I dont know where the original post was that said somethin about the signing of a reclamation project today but i dont recall any sources so you guys think theres any truth behind it, was the poster a guy who has connections in the org???

on a side note justblaze i noticed your avatar....do you play???

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
My guess on the mystery reclamation project is Daniel Cabrera. I believe he is a free agent, although I may be mistaken. He's really struggled lately, being released by the Nationals last year, but he has/had big upside.

Daniel Cabrera, "The Human Cock-tease" would go right along with T-Pain, in terms of guys with flawless stuff and limited ability to control it. That being said, i'm all for it, assuming we give him a dance down in AAA first. The kid's stuff is to live and die for.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
I like the thought of bringing in OV for late game defense...but who does he go in for?

OV to 2b and Becks to 3b?

I don't know if they would want to keep moving Becks around. I hope he is locked in at 2b for the next decade and never moves.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:23 PM)
Here's a terrible little tidbit. What if the Sox are signing Vizquel... to start?

I wouldn't put it past them.

Unless you are saying a trade of Beckham or Ramirez is in the works, this makes no sense. It would definitely be past them to start him over either of them - no one would do that.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
Daniel Cabrera, "The Human Cock-tease" would go right along with T-Pain, in terms of guys with flawless stuff and limited ability to control it. That being said, i'm all for it, assuming we give him a dance down in AAA first. The kid's stuff is to live and die for.

Cabrera is nothing short of atrocious, he is a lost cause. There is no need to waste a roster spotanywherefor someone such as himself.