Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
If he is available for a cheap prospect since obviously this wasnt in the Braves plans I wouldnt mind him, the bp would be taken care of.

He's getting a lot of money through arbitration. I'd rather take my chances with Putz.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Harden was traded to the Cubs and they had to give a good deal to get him, never really did anything for them.

Harden and Gaudin went to the Cubs for Sean Gallagher, Eric Patterson, Matt Murton and Josh Donaldson. Murton and Gallagher have been a complete flops and Patterson was decent in a cup of coffee last year with the A's and has put up solid minor league numbers in an offense inflated Pacific Coast League. Donaldson looks like he is a major league bat though. That's it.

Meanwhile, Harden put up a 3.31 ERA, a K/9 of 11, K/BB of 2.7 and WHIP of 1.22 in 38 starts spanning 212 innings, and really only saw his ERA as high as it was this past year (and 4.09 is not really high) because he allowed a career high 23 homers, which equated to a 1.47 HR/9, which is right around twice his career totals. Given, Wrigley is a better home run hitting park than the Coliseum, but not to that type of rate.

Harden was a great starter for the Cubs, and his only real downfall was that he couldn't go deeper into games, which in turn wore out Cubs bullpens.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
i love the Harden signing for the Rangers. if Feliz and Holland establish themselves in that rotation they'll be filthy together.

Absolutely. Gotta love what Texas is doing in the off-season. They need pitching, and though Harden is a risk (though at one year, is not bad at all), when he's on and healthy, he is as good as anyone. Now if we can somehow pray Smoak away from them. :D

Rangers pay Lowell 4M for this year. Not sure why Boston is doing this, only to shell out 12-15M a season for Beltre.

I realize Beltre is a tremendous defensive 3rd baseman and a solid hitter, but in theory, by making this trade, the Red Sox will probably be paying Beltre about 20M in the first season (when you factor in the 8 mill they spent just to make room for him on the roster).

Crazy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 05:43 AM)
Pedro Feliz has reportedly agreed to a 1yr deal worth 4 million to play 3rd for the Houston Astros. Damn has Houston been busy.

In making their team worse.

The owner / GM situation over there is pretty much a fiasco.