Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
As soon as he went outside and turned into "Date Mike", I knew the episode was about to go way downhill.

Exactly. That episode could have been fine had they not taken that turn. Instead, it was stupid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
Why didnt I discover how to make it in America sooner. Great show.

I've heard all the good reviews its gotten, including here, so I've tried to watch it 3 different times. It has some good aspects to it, but the two main characters just come off as such huge d-bags, they suck and I just dont really want to watch them. Oh well, at least I tried.

Just started following Kenny Powers on Twitter, I wish season 2 of that show would come out soon.

So the Office used to be my fave on the Thursday Night thing on NBC, but it keeps going downhill, and I'm now a much bigger fan of Community, and to a lesser extent 30 Rock. Parks and Rec is even getting close to The Office now. They either need some new characters on The Office, or need to wind down that program.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
So the Office used to be my fave on the Thursday Night thing on NBC, but it keeps going downhill, and I'm now a much bigger fan of Community, and to a lesser extent 30 Rock. Parks and Rec is even getting close to The Office now. They either need some new characters on The Office, or need to wind down that program.

You ever see this?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)

Thursday used to be my favorite comedy night, but between Thirty Rock and the fall of the Office, I hardly watch anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
Thursday used to be my favorite comedy night, but between Thirty Rock and the fall of the Office, I hardly watch anymore.

Can't help but agree with the sentiments here. The Office seasons 1-4 are among my favorite comedy tv ever, but since then, it's become clear the writers have little to nothing left. There was at least some semblance of realism earlier in the run (Perhaps Creed was an exception, but he was a minor character). Dwight and Michael have become completely ridiculous and almost unwatchable.

Dwight remodeled Pam and Jim's kitchen because he sensed mold? Really?

Michael turns into "Date Mike" to be obnoxious? He didn't do that on other dates.

24 officially cancelled after this season finishes DAMNIT!!!

Can't say I'm surprised at the news.

Never could find the writing and direction to follow up to what they produced in Season 1, although I think season 6 was the killer, that was just terrible.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
Never could find the writing and direction to follow up to what they produced in Season 1, although I think season 6 was the killer, that was just terrible.

Disagree. Season 2 was absolutely incredible, probably my favorite single season of any dramatic TV show not named Star Trek. Seasons 3-4 were damn fine as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
Yeah, I'd use that word on Season 2 and I still will.

People tend to forget what an innovative idea 24 was in the first few seasons. We are so used to it now, but the format of the show was completely unique, and the first few seasons were great. I wish that they could have come up with some new storylines in the later seasons because after awhile it just seemed like they were recycling material. Hopefully the move turns out well...

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
Can't help but agree with the sentiments here. The Office seasons 1-4 are among my favorite comedy tv ever, but since then, it's become clear the writers have little to nothing left. There was at least some semblance of realism earlier in the run (Perhaps Creed was an exception, but he was a minor character). Dwight and Michael have become completely ridiculous and almost unwatchable.

Dwight remodeled Pam and Jim's kitchen because he sensed mold? Really?

Michael turns into "Date Mike" to be obnoxious? He didn't do that on other dates.

Caught the episode last night on hulu. Spot on analysis.

anyone watch that food revolution show on abc?

I caught the first ep on hulu and thought it was pretty interesting.

Also, totally unrelated to that, kitchen nightmares is one of my favorite shows on tv.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Was super excited to watch the pacific since I loved band of brothers so much. But it was awful. As I told my friend, it was more Pearl Harbor the movie than band of brothers.

Last nights was dull, but the first two parts were great.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Was super excited to watch the pacific since I loved band of brothers so much. But it was awful. As I told my friend, it was more Pearl Harbor the movie than band of brothers.

Disagreed. The first two episodes were great, and while last night's was a bit slower, it focused a lot more on character development. I'm still enjoying the series thus far.

On a more important note, I'm pretty surprised that I haven't seen much Breaking Bad talk in this thread (although I haven't looked that hard). It's possibly the best show on TV right now.. definitely worth checking out.

Edited by Felix