White Sox acquire Juan Pierre

Sockin

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
Ozzie and KW already both said Quentin is likely to go to right. That puts the OF's where they should be - Pierre in LF, Rios in CF, TCQ in RF.

I'm talking about all the times we've seen Pods in CF, Mackowiak in CF, Wise in CF, etc.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
Who else was on the team at those times who would have been a better option?

For instance last year i was under the impression we acquired Rios to play CF but he'd play in RF with Pods in CF.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
seems as though quentin is another question mark you guys have wasnt it just his wrist the last 2 years other than that hes been fine, and the wrist was his fault. I see no reason why he cant stay healthy enough to hit 30... as far as the rogers center goes http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor USCF is ranked 4th in the most HR friendly ballpark while the Rog is ranked 17th

I dunno, Carlos is starting to give me that Mike Brown feel. Always seemed to get hurt with some fluky injury.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
I just heard Kenny has a guy in mind and he's in discussion to get him. I don't have anything more than that and anything else I add would be pure speculation.

I think he'll make one more hard push at Adrian Gonzalez, but I don't think San Diego is ready to let him go. I honestly don't know who it will be, but I got a sneaking suspicion it won't be anyone we have speculated too heavily about. There just aren't a lot of FA options out there, so you'd have to think the club is looking to go the way of a trade.

Has their been any links to Adam Dunn? He hits 40 a year like clockwork and could probably add on more at the Cell. He likely wouldn't decimate the farm as their is only 1 year left on his deal. The 12 million he's owed this year would probably pose a problem though.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
Notice the common denominator there...

We finally have a CFer now...

Then why was Pods playing CF after the Rios trade? That should never have occurred and which proves my point that Ozzie will throw guys out of position in the OF.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
Then why was Pods playing CF after the Rios trade? That should never have occurred and which proves my point that Ozzie will throw guys out of position in the OF.

Proof? Rios played 34 games in CF for the Sox in 2009, versus only 7 in RF. And that was after being an RF in TOR and making the transition back to CF. So what is proven is that Rios is the CF.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)

Rios only played 7 games in RF last year, Pods played there when JD was out of lineup I think.. btw Rios made 2 errors in CF with Sox last year, 4 total. I think Pods weak arm/bad reads on ball was why he was in CF

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
The SoxNet twitter says "With the leadoff spot filled, Kenny has turned his attention to the middle of the order and we are told he's close on another deal." any ideas as to who?

SHHHHHHWWWWING!

*Outdated 90'S reference*

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
The SoxNet twitter says "With the leadoff spot filled, Kenny has turned his attention to the middle of the order and we are told he's close on another deal." any ideas as to who?

Given the past glories of recent pickups, my guess is.......Willie Stargell?

:D

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)

Someone else mentioned it earlier, but Adam Dunn wouldn't completely surprise me