Projected Sox Batting Order

Chisoxfn

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bad at best @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:19 PM)
i hate the idea of ramirez in the 2 hole. reminds me of when people thought juan uribe would be "great!" in the 2 hole.

neither have ANY plate discipline and both are poor/average baserunners.

Alexei Ramirez in the 2 hole last season...

.281/.343/.422/.765

That looks like plate discipline and a bit of power. I'd be perfectly fine with that in the 2-hole.

I also don't think people realize that Ramirez walked 49 times last year. He wasn't that undisciplined.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
Alexei Ramirez in the 2 hole last season...

.281/.343/.422/.765

That looks like plate discipline and a bit of power. I'd be perfectly fine with that in the 2-hole.

I also don't think people realize that Ramirez walked 49 times last year. He wasn't that undisciplined.

While Alexei's power numbers went down last year, his walks and OBP improved significantly. I wouldn't mind him in the two-hole at all.

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
Acquire Johnson for DH

Trade Quentin for Bradley(+$11M) & Marmol

Pierre

Beckham

Johnson

Konerko

Bradley

Rios

AJ

Alexei

Teahan

:drink

you talking nick johnson? dude is not a #3 with the nationals

Pierre LF

Beckham 2B

DH signing (IT WILL HAPPEN!)

Quentin RF

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Rios CF

Ramirez SS

Teahan 3B

Bench: Kotsay 1B/OF, Jones 4th OF, Vizquel INF, Nix INF/Pinch Runner, Veteran Backup C signing,

Rotation: Peavy, Buerhle, Floyd, Danks, Garcia

Bullpen: Jenks CL, Thorton SU, Putz SU, Linebrink MR, Pena MR, Hudson LR

As of right now...

1. Pierre, LF

2. Beckham, 2B

3. Quentin, RF

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Pierzynski, C

6. Rios, CF

7. Ramirez, SS

8. Kotsay/Jones, DH

9. Teahen, 3B

What Ozzie wants.. (again as of right now)

1. Pierre, LF

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Quentin, RF

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Pierzynski, C

6. Beckham, 2B

7. Rios, CF

8. Kotsay/Jones, DH (if we get someone else.. he'll be hitting cleanup)

9. Teahen, 3B

He wants Beckham hitting alot lower which is what NSS was saying, though Rios will not sniff hitting 8th-9th in the lineup (Ozzie doesn't want a 10 mil player hitting low in his lineup) and even 7th is a stretch for me (I see Alex hitting 6th, though if he has a good spring.. 5th). Hopefully A.J. hits lower which is beneficial to him and the team.

Using the Bill James 2010 projections and Pinto's lineup analysis tool i have a lineup of Pierre, Beckham, Q, Konerko, Jones, Rios, AJ, Ramirez, and Teahen pegged for 5.057 Runs per game.

The site seems to think our optimal lineup would be good for about 5.157 runs and would be Beckham, Konerko, Ramirez, Q, Rios, Teahen, Jones, A.J., Pierre.

Regardless, we really do need a bigger bat in the middle of our lineup.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Using the Bill James 2010 projections and Pinto's lineup analysis tool i have a lineup of Pierre, Beckham, Q, Konerko, Jones, Rios, AJ, Ramirez, and Teahen pegged for 5.057 Runs per game.

The site seems to think our optimal lineup would be good for about 5.157 runs and would be Beckham, Konerko, Ramirez, Q, Rios, Teahen, Jones, A.J., Pierre.

Regardless, we really do need a bigger bat in the middle of our lineup.

Interesting stuff, indeed! Paulie in the 2-hole would be great!

TBolt, does this Pinto thing take into account footspeed? Or just their offensive numbers basically?

I do like the sound of 5.157 runs a game though. One would think with this pitching staff, we should win a lot of games when we score 5 runs...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
Interesting stuff, indeed! Paulie in the 2-hole would be great!

TBolt, does this Pinto thing take into account footspeed? Or just their offensive numbers basically?

I do like the sound of 5.157 runs a game though. One would think with this pitching staff, we should win a lot of games when we score 5 runs...

It only weighs .OPA, and .SLG. I’m not sure if there’s any metric sophisticated enough to really factor in foot speed.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
Pierre

Beckham

Quentin

Left Handed Power Hitter

Konerko

Rios

Pierzynksi

Ramirez

Teahen

This is the closest to what I see happening. I wouldn't be surprised if Ozzie flips Ramirez and Teahen either.

By the way, am I the only one who can't stand thought of AJ hitting anyplace 3rd thru 5th in the line up? I know most people put him there by default because there's no one better and he hits left-handed, but ickkkk. He's gotta be hitting 7th or lower.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
I personally have:

Pierre

Beckham

Quentin

Konerko

Teahen

Ramirez

AJP

Rios

Kotsay/Jones/Vizquel

And no, I certainly hope that isn't our opening day lineup, but based upon what the club currently has on the roster, that is what mine would be. Only debate in my eyes would be flipping Rios and Ramirez.

Do you think Beckham might hit lower? Ozzie wants him to have RBI opportunities. I don't know who I would have hit second maybe Ramirez or Teahan?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
1. Pierre

2. Rios (come on guys i highly doubt he puts up the numbers he did for us again, theres no reason to believe that)

3. TCQ

4, Kong

5. Jones ( i have a feeling he takes the job out right)

6. Beckham

7. AJP

8. Lexi

9. Teahen

If he can prove to be the .290-40 double or so hitter he was, Rios would be a pretty awesome #2 hitter with the gap power he's got. I'm not holding my breath though.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
If he can prove to be the .290-40 double or so hitter he was, Rios would be a pretty awesome #2 hitter with the gap power he's got. I'm not holding my breath though.

rightfully so butt i see no reason why he cant be that guy, hes not old nor do i think he juiced so theres no reason why he cant be what he once was.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Damon DH

Beckham 2B

Quentin RF

Konerko 1B

Rios CF

AJP C

Teahen 3B

Alexei SS

Pierre LF

Congrats Rock on making this place damontalk.com for the next day or so. I also can't see Ozzie not having Pierre leadoff. If anything, Damon would be batting 3rd. For the amount of money he's likely asking for, you might be better off going after more of a slugging type of outfielder (and I know Damon hit a lot of homers last year, but that park was perfect for him).

Edited by fathom