Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
I married a woman that works at my company.

It is a large company. We don't really interact with another.

I think this is ok, if you're at a larger company and your work doesn't cross much if at all.

Of course, it could always get awkward no matter what, I knew someone at my company who's husband had been let go by the company. Kinda awkward.

Quick work "relationship" story that I had to deal with a few weeks back: One of the girls I work with decided to have an affair with one of the members at our club who happens to be married. She called me up crying her eyes out after he broke it off with her because she thought he was going to tell our managers and get her fired. So ya, don't have affairs with customers at your job, bad idea.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 08:29 PM)
Quick work "relationship" story that I had to deal with a few weeks back: One of the girls I work with decided to have an affair with one of the members at our club who happens to be married. She called me up crying her eyes out after he broke it off with her because she thought he was going to tell our managers and get her fired. So ya, don't have affairs with customers at your job, bad idea.

But what if the girl is hot?

I'm a temp, I could very well be gone by the end of the contract. Plus I'm returning to school in the fall (fingers crossed) for my Ph.D. I know, half empty thinking.

She's in a different department and the company is rather big. I'll play it safe and gather more information first.

Edited by pettie4sox

• 2 weeks later...

I caught up with a friend that I hadn't seen in 3 or 4 years, we never dated or anything but we used to be real flirty and that kind of got reignited lately out of happenstance. Problem is, I live in the city and she lives way out in the NW burbs, so I'm trying to think of some casual date ideas that we could meet halfway at, just so that I can see if this is something we could explore further. And since I haven't lived in the burbs in awhile (and not really from that area too long) I'm not really sure what's out there, anybody have ideas for that sort of thing (area would be like Palatine/Arlington Heights/Schaumburg).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
I caught up with a friend that I hadn't seen in 3 or 4 years, we never dated or anything but we used to be real flirty and that kind of got reignited lately out of happenstance. Problem is, I live in the city and she lives way out in the NW burbs, so I'm trying to think of some casual date ideas that we could meet halfway at, just so that I can see if this is something we could explore further. And since I haven't lived in the burbs in awhile (and not really from that area too long) I'm not really sure what's out there, anybody have ideas for that sort of thing (area would be like Palatine/Arlington Heights/Schaumburg).

There are so many places around Woodfield Mall you can take her. Also, the South Barrington Arboretum on Rt 59 and 90 has a bunch of restaurants like Coopers Hawk and Pinstripes, and Lucky Monk is up the road.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
There are so many places around Woodfield Mall you can take her. Also, the South Barrington Arboretum on Rt 59 and 90 has a bunch of restaurants like Coopers Hawk and Pinstripes, and Lucky Monk is up the road.

Another vote for them. I've been to the one in Burr Ridge multiple times.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
Me neither, I just watch
and feel like I've had the same experience for a lot less money.

Granted I haven't been there since 8th grade, but the jousting and stuff was pretty cool to see in person, most of it is staged but they are definitely hitting each other for real.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
Granted I haven't been there since 8th grade, but the jousting and stuff was pretty cool to see in person, most of it is staged but they are definitely hitting each other for real.

I went as a camp counselor in 2004 or 2005. It was still entertaining.

And now that I think of it, I think my 33 year old brother went with his fiance for his birthday last year and had a good time.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Another vote for them. I've been to the one in Burr Ridge multiple times.

I've been to another one of their locations, it was really good I would definitely go back. I'm trying to think of something to do besides just dinner though, backup plan will be bowling I think. Wish it stayed at 50 degree weather, then I have more ideas ;)

And I'm lame and don't ice skate, was never great at it and with a replacement ACL already I kinda freak out about that stuff.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
I've been to another one of their locations, it was really good I would definitely go back. I'm trying to think of something to do besides just dinner though, backup plan will be bowling I think. Wish it stayed at 50 degree weather, then I have more ideas ;)

And I'm lame and don't ice skate, was never great at it and with a replacement ACL already I kinda freak out about that stuff.

Then take her to Pinstripes. Bowling, Bocce Ball, Bar, Food

http://pinstripes.com/