Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 04:56 AM)
apparently you didn't see their week 1 performance.. and i know they are talented, every team in the NFL is talented.. you said insanely talented though which is a completely false statement and laughable at best..

Their week 1 performance is exactly the kind of performance I'd expect from an undisciplined team going up against a very disciplined team.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
Sanchez is not the QB everyone thinks he is.

He's somewhere between the awful he was in Week 1 and the very solid he was in Week 2. He'll wind up being on about Eli Manning's level... that's my best guess.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
When I watch broadcasts of AFC games on CBS it makes me realize how much I hate Fox broadcasts with its blatant and shameless self-promotion of its programming every 5 minutes.

This tells me that FOX is a much more savvy company than CBS.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
This tells me that FOX is a much more savvy company than CBS.

I know it's a better way to make money, it's still really annoying to watch. That's pretty much all the NFL is anymore, a giant revenue/hype machine.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Name anything that isn't.

Eh I've gone into this at length before, why I don't buy Sunday Ticket/Madden etc. The NFL has gotten so sterile to me in the last few years.

Anyway Fox is better for making money obviously but I'd much rather watch a game on CBS, there's less distractions.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Anyway Fox is better for making money obviously but I'd much rather watch a game on CBS, there's less distractions.

Given the choice obviously the non-Fox networks do better. But choice isn't exactly an option there...you're choosing based on the game you want to watch, not by the network.

Like I said...name anything that isn't a giant revenue/hype machine. Not just in sports. Anything.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
Given the choice obviously the non-Fox networks do better. But choice isn't exactly an option there...you're choosing based on the game you want to watch, not by the network.

Like I said...name anything that isn't a giant revenue/hype machine. Not just in sports. Anything.

We live in a consumer-driven society and that's just a fact of life so I'm not disagreeing with your point. I guess it's like the difference between seeing a flyer dropped off at your door and having 3 telemarketing calls a day. In some places it's tolerable and in others it's just obnoxious.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)

Soxtalk

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5621612

A day after 49ers coach Mike Singletary said Jimmy Raye would be the offensive coordinator for the rest of the season, Raye was fired by San Francisco.

Samurai Mike has some serious issues. And to think many wanted this guy coaching the Bears, give me a break. He never would of been able to handle the Chicago media, he can barely handle the SF media. He would of cracked in the preseason

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)

Samurai Mike has some serious issues. And to think many wanted this guy coaching the Bears, give me a break. He never would of been able to handle the Chicago media, he can barely handle the SF media. He would of cracked in the preseason

"This is a press conference! The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions!"

/M*A*S*H reference

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)

His team is 0-3 and 2 of those losses were of the curb-stomping variety. He really doesn't bring much besides "attitude" and "fire" since he's proved exactly dick as a coach in the NFL.