Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
For those of us who won't see the movie, like me, tell me about the penis part in spoiler tags, please.

Basically Jerry O'Connells character is like a Girls Gone Wild guy and he gets f***ed up by the piranhas basically they eat him from the waist down. So they finally pull him out of the water and hes like bone and ripped up flesh waist down and hes just saying "they took my penis".. so shortly after that it shows under the boat and then all of the sudden a penis comes floating down from the top of the screen and the piranha like swallows it, and then throws it up.. you'd have to see it it was funny.

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Scott Pilgrim was awesome. Fun movie.

Not enough Anna Kendrick though and I still think Mary Elizabeth Winstead is hot and undervalued.

There's never enough of either of those lovely ladies.

James Cameron goes all b****y diva on Piranha 3D

"I tend almost never to throw other films under the bus, but [Piranha 3D] is exactly an example of what we should not be doing in 3-D. Because it just cheapens the medium and reminds you of the bad 3-D horror films from the 70s and 80s, like Friday the 13th 3-D.

"When movies got to the bottom of the barrel of their creativity and at the last gasp of their financial lifespan, they did a 3-D version to get the last few drops of blood out of the turnip."

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
James Cameron goes all b****y diva on Piranha 3D

I associate 3D with a fun movie experience, whether people enjoyed it for Avatar or Pirhana 3D, is up to the individual person. Odd that Pirhana 3D is getting decent reviews.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
I associate 3D with a fun movie experience, whether people enjoyed it for Avatar or Pirhana 3D, is up to the individual person. Odd that Pirhana 3D is getting decent reviews.

I associate 3D with pain in the ass glasses. I wish they had like some comfortable 3D goggles that fit to craddle the face and eyeballs.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
I associate 3D with pain in the ass glasses. I wish they had like some comfortable 3D goggles that fit to craddle the face and eyeballs.

When I saw A Christmas Carol last year in IMAX 3D, the glasses were indeed uncomfortable.

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Not odd at all. It was a very enjoyable movie.

I meant odd in the way that Cameron would rip that compared to Step Up 3D for Final Destination 3D which got ripped.

I have had two different sets of 3D glasses when I have gone to shows at the AMC Barrington, I have had a set that looks like regular sunglasses that you could take home with you if you wanted, and I have had a more goggle looking set that they wait for at the end of the show and make you return to them. The goggles I actually like better because the lenses are larger than the sunglasses are, but they can be a bit uncomfortable in a long movie.

im naturally antsy in a movie anyways though, so I am used to being a little uncomfortable

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
LOL @ Cameron getting b****y about a movie using 3D as a visual to get attention, when he just put out Avatar.

He shouldnt be saying anything. The guy recycled dances with wolves and pocahantas and suped it up with 3D for effect and made bank on it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
He shouldnt be saying anything. The guy recycled dances with wolves and pocahantas and suped it up with 3D for effect and made bank on it

He also writes dialogue that belongs in a soap opera and his villains in both Titanic and Avatar were lol bad.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
He also writes dialogue that belongs in a soap opera and his villains in both Titanic and Avatar were lol bad.

Yeah, I think as far as dramatic pieces go, he peaked at The Abyss, and went downhill. True Lies was fantastic, but it was comedy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 12:29 PM)
Terminator 2 was the absolute s***.

T2 was mostly good. The ending drug on and got cheesy - you might say that's the movie where things started to go downhill, but it was still overall a good flick.

I actually like T3 better than T2, but that wasn't a Cameron flick, and I imagine most people will disagree with me on that.

Haven't seen Salvation.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
T2 was mostly good. The ending drug on and got cheesy

Loved the ending.

I actually like T3 better than T2, but that wasn't a Cameron flick, and I imagine most people will disagree with me on that.

You are right, most would disagree. T3 was a cheesy disaster.

Haven't seen Salvation.

A very solid movie and a great addition to the franchise.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)

Nolan's inception was not exactly original either. But then again... everything stems from something.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Loved the ending.

You are right, most would disagree. T3 was a cheesy disaster.

A very solid movie and a great addition to the franchise.

Really? The cheesy monologue with the road going by? I thought it was a drag, and i thought the final showdown sequence before it went way to long.

And LOL at T2 not being cheesy but T3 was. One may like T2 better - it had better visuals and better pacing - but T3 was much more somber, much less comic, and really couldn't be described as "cheesy" even if you don't like it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Really? The cheesy monologue with the road going by? I thought it was a drag, and i thought the final showdown sequence before it went way to long.

And LOL at T2 not being cheesy but T3 was. One may like T2 better - it had better visuals and better pacing - but T3 was much more somber, much less comic, and really couldn't be described as "cheesy" even if you don't like it.

You need to watch it again. You could not be less accurate. Do you not recall the image on the left from that film?

arnoldfront.jpg

There was so much cheese, so many lame jokes, SUCH bad acting throughout T3. It was a complete joke, while T2 was completely dark and had some truly touching moments as well.

I completely disagree with you on this one.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (qwerty @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Nolan's inception was not exactly original either. But then again... everything stems from something.

Nolan didnt stand on a bully pulpit and talk s*** about other films that have nothing to do with his own

T2 was mostly good. The ending drug on and got cheesy - you might say that's the movie where things started to go downhill, but it was still overall a good flick.

Haven't seen Salvation.

While I disagree that T3 is better, I still thinks its a pretty good movie. Salvation, I think is better than 3 but nowhere near as good as 2 or 1. Most people I know think 3 is garbage. T2 or T1 for top movie is debate worthy imo.

Titanic is a great movie. Frankly, I wasn't blown away by Avatar. I haven't seen Piranha 3d, and I'm sure I wont.