Opening Day Lineup

dyuen

Probably nothing too suprising here but this is what I am told the lineup would look like if opening day were today:

Pierre - LF

Beckham - 2b

Quentin - RF

Konerko - 1b

Rios - CF

AJ - C

Jones - DH

Teahan - 3b

Ramirez - SS

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Probably nothing too suprising here but this is what I am told the lineup would look like if opening day were today:

Pierre - LF

Beckham - 2b

Quentin - RF

Konerko - 1b

Rios - CF

AJ - C

Jones - DH

Teahan - 3b

Ramirez - SS

That looks about what was expected. The question is how long would Kenny let the offense flounder before making a deal?

I think this is right, and it brings up the Kotsay/Jones DH topic.

If Andruw Jones is going into opening day with a hot bat, he's got to be an every day player. Kotsay just needs to stay on the bench and start once a week, and replace Paulie when he gets pinch run for. He'll be a lot more valuable in that role. I'm just afraid Guillen will play Kotsay too much.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
I think this is right, and it brings up the Kotsay/Jones DH topic.

If Andruw Jones is going into opening day with a hot bat, he's got to be an every day player. Kotsay just needs to stay on the bench and start once a week, and replace Paulie when he gets pinch run for. He'll be a lot more valuable in that role. I'm just afraid Guillen will play Kotsay too much.

If Jones plays anywhere even close to 75% of his former self, there won't be much of a platoon at DH, except maybe days when Jones plays in the OF for someone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
If Jones plays anywhere even close to 75% of his former self, there won't be much of a platoon at DH, except maybe days when Jones plays in the OF for someone.

I guess Jones is going to play a lot of CF with Rios in RF and Pierre/Carlos as LF/DH. The sox believe that Jones is the best defensive CF on the team.

Pierre - LF

Beckham - 2b

Quentin - RF

Konerko - 1b

Rios - CF

AJ - C

Jones - DH

Teahan - 3b

Ramirez - SS

This is the lineup I've been using in my video games.

Pierre - LF

Beckham - 2b

Quentin - RF

Konerko - 1b

Rios - CF

AJ - C

Jones - DH

Teahan - 3b

Ramirez - SS

I like it, especially the part about Rios hitting 5th. PK and AJP should not hit back to back.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
I guess Jones is going to play a lot of CF with Rios in RF and Pierre/Carlos as LF/DH. The sox believe that Jones is the best defensive CF on the team.

I keep hearing this. Can someone tell me why the Sox prefer Jones in CF over Rios?

QUOTE (supernuke @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Ahhhh, good old Gold Gloves. The one and only true measure of defensive ability. What would we do without them.

Well, he's probably the best CF I've ever seen but I'm thinking judging his current defensive ability based on what he accomplished in his youth might not be the best way to go about it. Ozzie on the other hand likes to bring up the GG both he and Omar have compiled over their careers so I'm thinking he puts a bit more weight on them than I do.

Of course, by age 33 I wasn't crazy about watching Griffey hobble around CF, regardless of his 10 GG.

I think they should seriously consider moving Beckham to the 3 spot and build the lineup around him. They need his doubles to be driving in runs, not just setting up runs Something like

Pierre

Kotsay

Beckham

Quentin

Konerko

AJ

Rios

Teahen

Ramirez

If Rios has turned it around you have the option to flip him and Konerko.

QUOTE (striker @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
I'd bat Beckham 3rd. I think he's the best pure hitter on this team.

I don't think you do that yet, but maybe by the end of the year. The kid's already got enough pressure on him and, while I'm sure he can handle it, why tempt fate?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Rios batting 5th. I approve of this. If Teahen rakes, he and A.J. could switch spots.

Yep exatly the way I feel. Though the lineup is missing a bonafied 40HR and 120 RBI slugger, I feel that it is very well balanced.