The official There Is Nothing Wrong With Peavy Thread

macsandz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
his slider was flat, his fastball was 89-90 with awful location and didnt get the movement he normally does....there might not be something wrong with him going forward, but there certainly was something wrong with him last night....hopefully it was a one start thing, but the thing that was so disappointing was that his stuff was bad

Wasn't just last night, that's 2 starts in a row now.

That's why I'm interested in this and will be watching his next 2-3 starts.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)

Right. He was off about a foot the last two starts on anything inside quite a bit. Against cleveland he was just wild enough to only give up 3 runs, that caught up to him here.

But It really seems like it's something lower body. He's not whipping around his hips like he used to.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)

Cleveland wasn't really a velocity problem, he just kept repeatedly missing the corners and falling behind in counts. Last night he pretty much just sucked.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
I second this

I wasn't in the game thread last night, but I think people are being misunderstood. Obviously we don't know the whole picture, but I don't think the questions over whether he's hurt or something is wrong is misplaced. Lower velocity and lack of control are usually a sign of that. Jake isn't just missing right now, he's missing by a lot. He misses huge at least once every at bat.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
I wasn't in the game thread last night, but I think people are being misunderstood. Obviously we don't know the whole picture, but I don't think the questions over whether he's hurt or something is wrong is misplaced. Lower velocity and lack of control are usually a sign of that. Jake isn't just missing right now, he's missing by a lot. He misses huge at least once every at bat.

Yeah, there is a difference between saying "wow, Peavy looks awful tonight, what's wrong with him?" and going "OMG we have 3 more years of this loser, what a terrible trade we're f***ED"

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 01:52 AM)
The past few years CC Sabathia has been garbage in April yet he always puts up insanely good seasons. Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.

His stuff looked better than Jakes does right now. I'm certainly not in all out panic mode but I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried at this point. The velocity being where it is, is definitely cause for concern and the inconsistency of his slider is as well, not to mention he's pretty much throwing 0 offspeed stuff at this point. I'm looking at 2 more starts for him to regain his stuff/consistency on his slider, if he still looks terrible, I will be panicking.