AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Fun win. I have one suggestion for the White Sox--how about just not allowing reaching over the rail under ANY circumstance. Obvious foul ball, slow rollers to the rail...anything. That fan could have meant a loss. Just let the security people down the lines get them and hand them to a kid.

Fox finally showed where the runner was after about 15 times of just watching the guy grab the ball, and it appeared the umpire did make the correct call. There's a pretty good chance if it happened when the White Sox were on offense Ozzie would have argued. He probably wouldn't have been booted, but I think he's been looking for a reason to be run for a while. Fans aren't allowed to reach over for a ball if its in play. That guy was booted and had to give up the ball.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Fun win. I have one suggestion for the White Sox--how about just not allowing reaching over the rail under ANY circumstance. Obvious foul ball, slow rollers to the rail...anything. That fan could have meant a loss. Just let the security people down the lines get them and hand them to a kid.

i've sat in seats like those, right along the foul line up front, and can't even see why people would reach into play and disrupt the play. it's so obvious that it's a s***ty move.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
Good thing we didn't lose today because of that stupid ass fan. Looks like Alex Rios saved that guy from some cyber flaming.

More like smart fan. The runner was scoring from first no-matter what. He probably thought, like I did, that it was an automatic 2 bases for all runners and that it was not up to the umpire to decide if he could take a 3rd base.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
When Rios hit it, Aardsma didn't even turn around to look. He just started walking from the mound to the dugout right after the ball hit the bat. LOL. Love it.

His HR and Konerko's were gone off the bat. You can see the dugout and the crowd erupt as soon as contact was made.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
Really starting to feel good about this offense...need Q and G to start hitting, but I don't think we could be asking for a lot more out of the newer guys than what they've given us. I think we're going to be just fine eventually.

When they both hit well, Quentin hits behind Beckham...

G-Q combo.

The biggest PA in the game before that home run was Quentin's walk. He didn't overswing and swing at crap, which was key.

Don't forget Paulie's home run to awaken the team from the dead. But I agree, the walk was huge.

Hope the team realizes after today that it is capable of doing some special things. Reading the quotes about how the clubhouse was dead and ozzie saying the guys were pressing ... they should take this and run with it. It's fun to win fellas.

Good job, Rios, Paulie, CQ, Freddy, etc. Don't let up tomorrow. It all starts with getting another quality start!

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
Honestly, they need to find out why Jenks' offspeed stuff is so erratic. He's been relying 95% on his fastball since the start of the season because he can't throw offspeed for strikes. Today, it finally jumped up and bit him.

Or just tell him to stop f***in around and throw old man Griffey some heat which he can't catch up to

I don't know if this was already mentioned but....from the Yahoo game recap:

The White Sox won back-to-back games with game-ending home runs for the first since J.C. Martin and Ken Berry did it in a doubleheader against Cleveland on July 25, 1967, according to Elias Sports Bureau. :gosox1:

Nothing like a bit of excitement over the past couple of days.

Great outing from Freddy, bounced back well from Toronto.

Props to Paulie and Rios of course.

Let's get the sweep tomorrow to keep building some momentum.