White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:54 AM)
Ozzieball.

Does Hawk really believe the umpires have a conspiracy against the Sox?

Yes he does...he's also very impressed with Juan Pierre's all around game. Nothing like a one tool player.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
1 f***ing hit in 3 innings against a pitcher who's down 7 mph with their velocity. Who's the fall guy when we get swept on this road trip?

no one, probably. the problem is that it will only be the end of April and that still feels too soon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
I still didn't think he looked overly impressive last season with the Sox. His fastball wasn't overly crisp, but we excused it cause of the lay off.

What I think will happen is, we'll realize that Peavy changed his release to compensate for a sore ankle last season and it led to whatever problem he's experiencing now.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Maverick0984 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
When is the Omar Visquel experiment over?

I never liked the signing of Omar, but if he's tutoring Alexei, Alexei at least is making good throws this year. If Frank Thomas was the Sox firstbaseman last year, Anorexei would have easily had 40 errors. Unfortunately, Alexei is also hitting like a 43 year old Vizquel.

QUOTE (jimmiething @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
so quick question: why is juan pierre trying to steal down five with a pitcher struggling to throw strikes? I know our offense sucks but getting one run really doesn't do much for us there.

Ozzie was overmanaging.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
... arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

... lipstick on a pig.

If he gets through this game without allowing anymore runs, I think it's a decent sign that he's not hurt.

I think that's what we're all afraid of, him being hurt.

Two HBPs by Harden now. Score some damn runs, PLEASE!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
Peavy's finishing off his pitches much better now, which is great to see.

His mechanics are not exactly clean, and Peavy stated that they tried to clean it up a bit. It may take a few starts to fix a mechanical issue or get a constant release point. If he is throwing 90+, I kind of doubt if its injury. If he was winging it in there at Buerhle speed I might agree its an injury.

QUOTE (jimmiething @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
so quick question: why is juan pierre trying to steal down five with a pitcher struggling to throw strikes? I know our offense sucks but getting one run really doesn't do much for us there.

Cash Money man.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
If he gets through this game without allowing anymore runs, I think it's a decent sign that he's not hurt.

I think that's what we're all afraid of, him being hurt.

Two HBPs by Harden now. Score some damn runs, PLEASE!

f*** that. He better be hurt if he's this bad. If he's hurt they can fix him. Otherwise he just sucks.