May Catch All White Sox Thread

BigSqwert

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 17, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
Not that shocking really. This team really has little talent.

That's inaccurate. It has talent that isn't living up to advance billing (Quentin, Beckham, Floyd, Peavy, Danks, Jenks, Pierzynski, Pierre, Teahen, Ramirez, Vizquel, etc....lots of guys way below career norms).

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
Where's Rongey been? Is he too busy workin or burned out on the cliche fire the manager type comments in the threads and the cliche criticisms of Ozzie for decisions made in games we lose?

He's probably tired of defending a terrible team in his free time, seeing as that is also his job.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 17, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...-051710.article

for those happy that coaching might get fired.

Eh. I didn't necessarily gather from the article that coaching changes would be made. However, maybe KW is re-thinking his giving Ozzie control over the coaching staff. Regardless of who's at fault, this team has to turn things around now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 17, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
That's inaccurate. It has talent that isn't living up to advance billing (Quentin, Beckham, Floyd, Peavy, Danks, Jenks, Pierzynski, Pierre, Teahen, Ramirez, Vizquel, etc....lots of guys way below career norms).

The advanced billing of a lot of that talent contains players who may or may not be reliable offensive pieces year in and year out (Quentin, Beckham and Ramirez)

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 18, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
The advanced billing of a lot of that talent contains players who may or may not be reliable offensive pieces year in and year out (Quentin, Beckham and Ramirez)

Which of those 3 did you want to dump/replace during the offseason?

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
Revival by Rios

Here's an encouraging article about Alex Rios and his fine start to the 2010 season. Matt Klaassen writes that Rios' production has reverted back to the mean, and that contract (once looking like an albatross) may not be so bad after all.

Interesting to my eyes though is that the odds of Rios being a "Bargain" after this season start dropping dramatically.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ May 19, 2010 -> 05:08 PM)
Revival by Rios

Here's an encouraging article about Alex Rios and his fine start to the 2010 season. Matt Klaassen writes that Rios' production has reverted back to the mean, and that contract (once looking like an albatross) may not be so bad after all.

With him playing an extremely good CF, I'd have to say the contract is looking good.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2010 -> 07:11 AM)
He's 3 for his last 22.

Yeah, hard to tell if he's just in a bit of a slump or if he maybe started trying to hit a home run every time up and is reverting back to the old habits. He's had a few REALLY good pitches to hit lately and has popped them up to the shallow outfield...

I'm hoping it's just a slump.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 20, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
Yeah, hard to tell if he's just in a bit of a slump or if he maybe started trying to hit a home run every time up and is reverting back to the old habits. He's had a few REALLY good pitches to hit lately and has popped them up to the shallow outfield...

I'm hoping it's just a slump.

everyone goes through slumps in a long season so i will just assume that is what it is. i dont expect him to hit .300 for the season so he had to tail off somewhat. he is certainly the least of our worries

It's pretty different (and bad) to feel no emotion when we lose.

I think almost all of us diehard fans knew despite the great rally we'd fall one-run short thanks to the bad luck on the GR double. With the luck of the Sox, no way there'd be a rally in the ninth even tho we were just one down.

Who'd a thunk Jake Peavy would be just another guy on the mound as well? Weird.

May ain't looking so good except for Juan Pierre's batting average climbing.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:51 AM)
It's pretty different (and bad) to feel no emotion when we lose.

I think almost all of us diehard fans knew despite the great rally we'd fall one-run short thanks to the bad luck on the GR double. With the luck of the Sox, no way there'd be a rally in the ninth even tho we were just one down.

Who'd a thunk Jake Peavy would be just another guy on the mound as well? Weird.

May ain't looking so good except for Juan Pierre's batting average climbing.

IT'S NOT BAD LUCK! It was a fly ball that took one bounce before it reached the wall. At our park, that's going to hop over the fence 75% of the time. Hawk's acting like there's never any ground rule doubles at our park.