NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)
It's just when you add everything together Chicago is by far the best choice. You can point out a big time negative about all the other destinations except Chicago. It really does make the most sense and as I said before, if I wasn't a Bulls fan, I'd really believe he was coming to Chicago.

I realize this, but I think the lure of South Beach and playing with his boys might be too much to overcome.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:54 AM)
Lebron immediately forfeits any chance he had at being the greatest of all time if he signs with Miami.

Yep, and it kills the entire east if he goes to Miami as well as the LeBron brand. The league has no idea how bad this would be for them. It makes even more teams irrelevant than already are, as well as diminishing one of it's top 2 players.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Im on the same page with you for the most part. Bulls in a land slide. Its such a unique situation where he can come in and step right into a leadership role with two upcoming stars that are in their early 20s and still be "the man." Like you said every other situation has enormous red flags and Chicago almost makes too much sense. I might put the Knicks ahead of the Nets for the 2nd team because LeBron might have a more insider info on what someone like Mello may do and might be willing to wait 1 year to play for the team he had been pimping for 2 years.

ESPN is leaking bs stories involving every city to maximize the buzz on the joke of a tv special. You really think if LeBron was going to Miami he would fly there the night before his big tv show? Or he would be switching his tax bills or whatever to a Chicago address. ESPN/LeBrons camp is leaking all this garbage. Lets see what he says at his extravaganza before we order our jerseys.

Seriously why should any rumor be believed more than the previous one? All these schmucks are trying to be the ones to break the story so they can say they did, and at the same time they are all being spoon fed bulls*** stories.

I'm pretty sure its gotten to the point where every single person covering this has said they feel or think Lebron is going to each team. It's an absolute joke.

But like you've been saying Wharris all the little things are still kind of pointing to the bulls the silence, boozer signs without giving nets a shot etc are still keeping me somewhat confident.

Edited by kev211

Does anyone believe that Lebron would follow Wade/Bosh to Miami?

If Lebron was going to Miami, wouldnt they have made it so they all announce together?

Now Lebron looks like a follower.

Would he really let that happen?

I just cant see Lebron going anywhere that he could be considered 2nd fiddle.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:10 AM)
Did he actually disclose any of the quotes?

Yes, one they showed was "I don't want to sign a 6 year deal and end up being a 31 year old with bad knees and no titles". Sounds like Bosh declining to go to the Cavs was the turning point, if true.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:15 AM)
Broussard says Bulls still have slight shot, f*** you, you were just saying how it was basically a done deal to Miami. f*** it all make it 8 pm already

Broussard gave many excuses for why he might not end up picking the Heat, so even though I would say Heat have to be considered the front runner, Cavs fans shouldn't start jumping off the bridge just yet.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:11 AM)
Yes, one they showed was "I don't want to sign a 6 year deal and end up being a 31 year old with bad knees and no titles". Sounds like Bosh declining to go to the Cavs was the turning point, if true.

Wow. Why the f*** would they scoop their own show? Just too many leaks?

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:15 AM)
Broussard says Bulls still have slight shot, f*** you, you were just saying how it was basically a done deal to Miami. f*** it all make it 8 pm already

Ha, he really said that? That's just ridiculous. How can these reporters hope to be taken seriously?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:16 AM)
Broussard gave many excuses for why he might not end up picking the Heat, so even though I would say Heat have to be considered the front runner, Cavs fans shouldn't start jumping off the bridge just yet.

How would he have quotes from a final decision but not have made up his mind yet?