NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Yikes. I really liked Oden and I was a huge fan of Roy, what that team could have been, too bad...

Yeah, they were already decent last year without Oden and with Roy a shell of his former self. That team should have been contending with OKC for the title the next decade.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
That is flat out stupid. When you know Howard's most likely going to be gone, why the hell sign his buddy, who IMO, is far worse than Bass?

Glen Davis is terrible.

Bass and Davis is pretty much a wash, Davis is probably a little better defensively because of his bulk, while Bass probably has the better mid-range jumper.

But paying $6.5M annually for Big Baby is a waste IMO. A guy who shoots 44% at the PF position isn't really going to be a huge asset unless that improves.

EDIT: And we got Von Wafer also. Well Dwight will definitely be staying now! :D

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
Rather unbelievably, LaMarcus Aldridge is going to miss at least two weeks after undergoing tests for a heart condition.

Portland with the trifecta of bad news today.

He had the same issue and procedure at the end of his rookie year. Apparently he gets checked out before every season.

"Until he goes through those tests and passes, we don't let him get on the floor," Blazers coach Nate McMillan said. "This is normal. This is something he does every year."

And my heart can start beating again after a moment of panic for my fantasy team. :P

Edit- Nevermind, they updated the article after I read it. Still doesn't sound like it's a major issue at the moment, basically out a couple of weeks.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Bass and Davis is pretty much a wash, Davis is probably a little better defensively because of his bulk, while Bass probably has the better mid-range jumper.

But paying $6.5M annually for Big Baby is a waste IMO. A guy who shoots 44% at the PF position isn't really going to be a huge asset unless that improves.

EDIT: And we got Von Wafer also. Well Dwight will definitely be staying now! :D

Davis' TS%: 50%

Bass' TS%: 57%

You're talking about an above average shooter vs. a piss poor shooter. Especially considering the fact that Davis takes a lot of high percentage shots.

I really don't think Dwight's coming back. And if that is the case, then this move was just a serious WTF.

KC Johnson is saying that the Bulls will give Rip Hamilton a 2 year $10 million deal by tomorrow.

Not bad for a stop-gap and a definite improvement over Bogans. I really wished that JR wouldn't be such a greedy bastard though. Apparently, they didn't even offer Jason Richardson the full MLE contract.

SMH.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Davis' TS%: 50%

Bass' TS%: 57%

You're talking about an above average shooter vs. a piss poor shooter. Especially considering the fact that Davis takes a lot of high percentage shots.

I really don't think Dwight's coming back. And if that is the case, then this move was just a serious WTF.

I said that Bass was a better shooter than Davis, but Davis is better than Bass at the other parts of the game (defense, ball handling etc.)

Still hasn't stopped all of the so called experts "slurping" this move for the Celtics though.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 01:05 AM)
One has been that he will always play 2nd fiddle to Rose.

Makes you wonder how much 23 scares off a lot of players. I can only think of a couple of players who would have relished that challenge, Kobe for one, and Iverson seemed like a person would have had the stones to at least attempt it. Durant also seems like that type of person. Oh well, Rose will just have to do it the hard way I guess.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Yeah, thought that also until he wanted to go to tropical New Jersey. Last year they got hit with more snow then we did I believe.

I suppose the allure and being the #1 guy in a brand new team in Brooklyn would be a very good incentive as well.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 01:17 AM)
I suppose the allure and being the #1 guy in a brand new team in Brooklyn would be a very good incentive as well.

True, you win a few in New Jersey you build your own legacy, you win one in Chicago folks will be asking for five more. Let him go to Dallas, New Jersey, doesn't matter to me. I'd hate the Lakers though.

That is the funniest thing with Lebron and Wade though, no matter how many Lebron wins Wade will still always have one more (and be more beloved in Miami). I swear Wade did that to dupe Lebron for the rest of his playing days. :)