NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
whatever happened to rudy fernadez for taj gibson rumors

Well, the math doesn't work out first of all.

Secondly, Rudy Fernandez has talked seriously about heading overseas once his contract is up. The NBA was investigating whether he violated league rules by issuing a public trade demand. The Bulls previously offered up a first round pick for him and that wasn't enough for Portland.

All things you'd know if you visited Talkbulls.com more often. ;)

According to one report, the Nets are not willing to include Brook Lopez in an attempt to trade for Carmelo Anthony. But New Jersey's offer of Devin Harris, Derek Favors and draft picks may still give the Nuggets the best pieces in return for Anthony.

No mention is made of whether Anthony would agree to sign an extension with the Nets or the other interested teams as part of a trade out of Denver. Anthony's long-term commitment figures to be a prerequisite before teams offer the Nuggets quality assets in a deal.

The Nuggets have had discussions with the Bulls that center around Luol Deng and Taj Gibson.

The Warriors may offer Stephen Curry, Andris Biedrins and draft picks but are not sure that they will make Curry available.

The Clippers are called a long shot with Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon the likely two targets whom Denver would look to acquire.

There is a slim possibility that the Nets could become desperate and put Lopez on the table. After all there are a lot of other teams pursuing Melo as well according to Rothstein. The Los Angeles Clippers, Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls have all shown interest and all have some valuable assets to offer. The Houston Rockets are also very much in the mix for Anthony.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
Excited wouldn't even begin to describe my emotions if that happened.

Therefore I'm not getting my hopes up.

Exactly. Melo has been my favorite non-Bull (oh, what the hell, favorite NBA player) the past half-decade.

This means he won't come here. The Bulls never get their guy.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
Melo would be great, but you would definitely need to include Noah in the deal. I personally would do so, but I know too many people who wouldn't. Denver really wouldn't want Deng at all.

I'm a huge Noah fan but if he is what's preventing the Bulls from getting Carmelo, I'm driving his ass to the airport.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
I'm a huge Noah fan but if he is what's preventing the Bulls from getting Carmelo, I'm driving his ass to the airport.

The issue might not be as much the Bulls being unwilling to give up Noah, but instead it might be the Nuggets understanding that they're going to have to extend Noah this year and as such Noah not offering really anything in terms of salary relief. Deng's contract + $10 million+ to extend Noah in exchange for Anthony means they've taken on an additional $5-10 million in salary, and I believe they're in tax territory, so that's nearly $20 million out the door in that deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 07:52 AM)
The issue might not be as much the Bulls being unwilling to give up Noah, but instead it might be the Nuggets understanding that they're going to have to extend Noah this year and as such Noah not offering really anything in terms of salary relief. Deng's contract + $10 million+ to extend Noah in exchange for Anthony means they've taken on an additional $5-10 million in salary, and I believe they're in tax territory, so that's nearly $20 million out the door in that deal.

...and a franchise player!

Deng + Taj + bounty of picks + JJ (if he doesn't lessen the value of the package!) is the best deal the Bulls can offer, and it sounds like they have.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
...and a franchise player!

Deng + Taj + bounty of picks + JJ (if he doesn't lessen the value of the package!) is the best deal the Bulls can offer, and it sounds like they have.

If nothing happens until deadline time this year, it actually might make any sort of deal that the Bulls could offer quite a bit better...esp. if Deng gets off to a good start thanks to having a better team around him, Taj gets off to a good 2nd year start...and you factor in that some of those short-deal guys the Bulls signed this offseason will suddenly be expiring contracts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
If nothing happens until deadline time this year, it actually might make any sort of deal that the Bulls could offer quite a bit better...esp. if Deng gets off to a good start thanks to having a better team around him, Taj gets off to a good 2nd year start...and you factor in that some of those short-deal guys the Bulls signed this offseason will suddenly be expiring contracts.

Agreed. Our best chance at making a significant splash is and has been since "The Decision" the plan to use our short term contracts at this season's deadline.

Either way, this Bulls roster is already going to be the best we've seen since Michael retired.

Edited by Steve9347