NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Stupid, stupid article here if you want something to laugh at. Yahoo writer has Rose and Durant as the 1st and 2nd most overrated players on his list. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6753654

My favorite part is that the writer criticizes Durant because he "makes turning the ball over a regular occurrence". Last season Durant averaged 4.0 turnovers per 48 minutes. Lets see where he ranks against some other top players & scorers.

Nash: 5.3

Howard: 4.6

Wade: 4.3

Deron: 4.3

LeBron: 4.2

Kobe: 3.9

Melo: 3.8

Hmmm.....

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
New Jersey's the only team that he's willing to re-sign with if traded.

He probably wouldn't re-sign with Chicago if the Bulls give up Noah for him.

So, they'd lose Noah, and then Anthony after 2010-11.

Chris Broussard Chris_Broussard Neither NJ or Den been told Melo will re-sign w/NJ. Until then, Melo-to-NJ all speculation. One exec told me Melo won't sign w/NJ.

I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't re-sign here.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)

Says who? I find that hard to believe.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)

Bulls wouldn't make that deal unless they had the extension basically worked out beforehand.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't re-sign here.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
Says who? I find that hard to believe.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
Bulls wouldn't make that deal unless they had the extension basically worked out beforehand.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/sports/b...rss&emc=rss

http://nbaprimetime.com/new-jersey-nets-fr...eepstakes/4193/

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)

Wait, the new york times is saying that a player will ONLY sign with a New York/New Jersey Team? No way, i find that so hard to believe

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Seeing the name Chris Broussard makes me want to vomit and reminds me of very, very, very bad times earlier this summer.

Steve9347's personal "30 days of Night"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Wait, the new york times is saying that a player will ONLY sign with a New York/New Jersey Team? No way, i find that so hard to believe

No, they're saying that the Bulls are out of it.

The other link mentions an ESPN report involving a trade offer with NJ and a possible extension to be agreed upon.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
No, they're saying that the Bulls are out of it.

They're saying specifically that the Bulls are out of it unless they include Noah.

If new Jersey gives up the kind of package that is talked about there, then it really shouldn't matter if the Bulls would include Noah, the Bulls can't match that package because the Bulls can't offer anything resembling salary relief.

If New Jersey had that on the table...I think it would be done soon. The Bulls best bet is still going to be this year's trade deadline, if it gets that far.

UGH....

WojYahooNBA Brian Scalabrine has agreed to a non-guaranteed deal with Chicago, a league source tells Y! He's considered a good bet to make roster.

The Rudy dream is nearly over. A big f*** you goes out to Portland. Would have been a pretty damn good fit here. Only interesting thing is the deal is "non" guaranteed so there is hope. But wow... Scalabrine?

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
UGH....

The Rudy dream is nearly over. A big f*** you goes out to Portland. Would have been a pretty damn good fit here. Only interesting thing is the deal is "non" guaranteed so there is hope. But wow... Scalabrine?

Chicago does have a big Irish population

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5602165

Carmelo Anthony's wish list starts with the New York Knicks, but that's not the only trade destination he's targeting.

Sources briefed on the state of Anthony's ongoing push to be dealt by the Denver Nuggets told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the Chicago Bulls are a firm 1A on his list.

The Bulls could theoretically trump any New Jersey offer if they were willing to include center Joakim Noah as part of a deal for Anthony. Sources with knowledge of Chicago's thinking, however, have maintained for days that the Bulls are strongly against the inclusion of Noah, revealing instead that Chicago has offered a package featuring Luol Deng, Taj Gibson and one future first-rounder.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
I'd add maybe another pick or two to that deal if need be.

I'd like to keep Joakim at all costs.

I'd give them 2 firsts and that Charlotte pick if need be.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 12:28 AM)
Maybe they will bite if we throw in Scalabrine ;)

:notworthy

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
I'd add maybe another pick or two to that deal if need be.

I'd like to keep Joakim at all costs.

The Bulls need to play brinksmanship here.

It's entirely possible that by the trade deadline, a lot of their assets could be worth more. Gibson in his 2nd season, Johnson in his 2nd season, some idea of if Asik can be a legitimate NBA player, hopefully a healthy season for Noah...all of them getting to play alongside an improving DR1 and with Boozer hopefully being a force inside. Plus, a lot of the guys they signed on short deals could be moved after Dec. 15th or so as additional salary filler. About the only thing that could make it harder for the Bulls to make a deal would be something serious as microfracture surgery hitting the guy I don't want to name...but even then, his contract might be at least partially insured.

If someone is going to give the Nuggets a good enough deal right now that the Nuggets would do it...then let them do so. The Bulls can put out that offer with Gibson and wait.

The NBA has "new" unis for all 30 NBA teams this season... it's a big yawn-fest:

ESPN Page 2 -

The league and its uniform outfitter, adidas, are holding a press conference Wednesday to announce a new uniform system, called the NBA Revolution 30, which will be worn by all NBA teams this season. And one facet of the new systsem is that all the uni numbers will now be made of mesh instead of the old tackle twill, a move designed to make the uniform lighter and more breathable.

As you can see in this press release and this fact sheet, the Revolution 30 has all the usual bells and whistles we're used to hearing about new uniforms: 30% lighter, dries twice as fast, yadda-yadda-yadda. But will the new uniforms look any different?

The answer: They won't look radically different, but the trained eye will notice a few changes (like those mesh numbers). But don't worry, Uni Watch is on the case -- I'll have further details on the unveiling event later Wednesday on the Page 2 Blog, along with a full-length Uni Watch column treatment Thursday. See you then.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000