NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
That's clearly not Shaq. Who is it and/or what am I missing?

I think it is just a funny video of a guy wearing a shaq jersey who probably is telling his buddy that he could leap over the grill without touching it. And didnt.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
I don't know if anyone is following the FIBA World Championships, but Kevin Durant has been dominating, making his case as maybe the best player in the world. USA up double digits on Lithuania in the semis.

yep, and DRose had another bad game, got benched most of the second half in favor of Westbrook. It just seem like Westbrook is everywhere on court with his athleticism. Rose needs to learn something from that guy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
Here is the report:

The Chicago Bulls are interested in trading for the Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony, a league source told ESPNChicago.com on Thursday.

And while the source said that the team is holding internal discussions as to whether the Bulls would allow Joakim Noah to be part of any deal, Chicago has not reached a consensus. Another source close to the situation told ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell that Noah would not be part of an Anthony deal.

The Nuggets are hesitant to take back Luol Deng as part of a deal with the Bulls because Denver is leery of taking on long-term contracts with the collective bargaining agreement set to expire on June 30, 2011. Deng is two years into a six-year, $71 million contract, the initial source said.

So unless there is going to be some 3 or 4 or 5 way trade, and if anyone really wanted Deng, I'm sure he wouldn't be a Bull right now, the report is BS. Most are in the NBA.

So "a league source" is your evidence of what Denver doesnt want? I bet its the same source that claimed LeBron to chicago was a done deal.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
yep, and DRose had another bad game, got benched most of the second half in favor of Westbrook. It just seem like Westbrook is everywhere on court with his athleticism. Rose needs to learn something from that guy.

LoL

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Kevin Durant is incredible in international basketball (not that he isn't in the NBA). Derrick Rose looks awful shooting the ball. I haven't seen any signs whatsoever of an improved jump shot.

With Korver and the other signings, he isn't going to have to shoot 3's like everyone thinks. If he can score 20 plus with his mad range and penetration, I think I will live with it.

Bulls named Michael Reinsdorf President and COO. This actually may be a sign of things to come with the Sox. I know JR has stated he hope his children wouldn't want to follow in his footsteps, but Michael always has, and it appears JR is grooming him to take his spot eventually.

I figured something had to be up with him when I saw him as part of the "team" try to recruit LeBron.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Bulls named Michael Reinsdorf President and COO. This actually may be a sign of things to come with the Sox. I know JR has stated he hope his children wouldn't want to follow in his footsteps, but Michael always has, and it appears JR is grooming him to take his spot eventually.

I figured something had to be up with him when I saw him as part of the "team" try to recruit LeBron.

I heard this around 3pm today and I was wondering if people would start to wonder about how this effects the Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)

I'm kind of "meh" about Jerry overall (does things I like, things I don't like) but I hope his son kinda follows the Rocky Wirtz-like footsteps on right decisions. It definitely seems he will be the next guy in line in the future.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
I'm kind of "meh" about Jerry overall (does things I like, things I don't like) but I hope his son kinda follows the Rocky Wirtz-like footsteps on right decisions. It definitely seems he will be the next guy in line in the future.

Rocky Wirtz didn't exactly conceive great sports idea. He did blatantly obvious things like put home games on television, hire a legit front office and marketing team, and someone who is good at promoting a team.

From there, Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabs, etc were already on the team and that made life easy for this regime.

As for JR with the Bulls, you can't really say he's done things the wrong way. His not wanting to pay luxury tax for non-championship ballclubs is actually incredibly smart, or else we'd be where the Knicks are...

In the NBA, you get better through the draft or that one time every 5 years a franchise player comes available. The Bulls have made strong bids on Kobe and LeBron this decade, and supposedly are trying for Carmelo Anthony as we speak.

I have no qualms with how Jerry Reinsdorf runs the Bulls.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Stupid, stupid article here if you want something to laugh at. Yahoo writer has Rose and Durant as the 1st and 2nd most overrated players on his list. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6753654

And hwo do you call Brandon Jennings overrated? Rookie year takes his franchise to the playoffs and revitalizes it. That is awful writing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
And hwo do you call Brandon Jennings overrated? Rookie year takes his franchise to the playoffs and revitalizes it. That is awful writing.

Who is talking about Brandon Jennings like he's the next big thing anyway?

Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh are overrated but it's like everybody knows it so it's a moot point.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Stupid, stupid article here if you want something to laugh at. Yahoo writer has Rose and Durant as the 1st and 2nd most overrated players on his list. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6753654

Kevin Durant is the best scorer in the league hands down. That guy is an idiot.

Until D-Rose hits jump shots, he is overrated.