NBA Offseason Thread

This little blurb amused me;

Stromile is living proof of why you don't tell your coach you need to go to the bathroom and then order pizza in the locker room during the third quarter of a game, especially if there are others players getting treatment in the next room, because that story will get around... not saying that happened... just saying if it did, you'd end up playing for the Shandong Golden Lions in China.

I did not kill myself after we did not get LeBron. I hate, hate, hate the Heat... especially given their public celebration of winning the 2011 NBA Championship. They need to go down. I don't know how, but they need to go down. Then D-Wade can compare it to 9/11 and be booed off the court.

Can the Bulls win it all? Unlikely. However, this is by far the best Bulls team assembled in the post-Jordan era, and I know the Bulls did their darndest to improve in Free Agency.

I'd love to add Rudy, but it seems nearly impossible without moving Taj due to salary reasons (or expanding it to a deal involving Deng, but unfortunately this team kinda needs him).

We're still one gunner short, and House has signed, but other than that, the team looks good. I really liked the CJ Watson addition.

Edited by Steve9347

Knicks to sign Roger Mason.

The Knicks will sign Roger Mason, Jr. to a one-year contract worth $1.4 million.

New York will sign Mason in lieu of trading for Rudy Fernandez. Portland was seeking a future No. 1 pick for Fernandez.

Isola twitter.

Knicks to sign Roger Mason for one-year, $1.4 million contract. Knicks refused to give up future No. 1 pick to land Rudy Fernandez

Knicks have done very well this off-season all things considered.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

Bulls sign Keith Bogans to a two year, 2.5 million dollar deal. (second year partial guarantee, pretty much the vet minimum)

http://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/20502247505

http://twitter.com/SamSmithHoops/status/20502627785

This better not be no Rudy. I'm assuming this is likely more depth, which is solid.. though I'm not a big fan of his.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
This better not be no Rudy. I'm assuming this is likely more depth, which is solid.. though I'm not a big fan of his.

What you probably need to start looking at in terms of Fernandez is whether or not contracts like this one match up with his come trading deadline time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
What you probably need to start looking at in terms of Fernandez is whether or not contracts like this one match up with his come trading deadline time.

He makes 1.25 million so it'll depend if whomever the Bulls trade (most likely draft picks) can work under the CBA. Right now the Bulls can't trade JJ for him, cause JJ makes too much. (unless Portland gives up some scrub like Pendergraph) That is why Rudy is very valuable. He's making pocket change (in NBA standards) for two years. Portland's organization unfortunately are douches. They want to rip teams off in every trade (ask for much more than a player is worth/overrating their talent), or they'll back off even when said player does not want to be there and would just keep him to rot.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

The Chicago Bulls still haven’t flat-out told Tracy McGrady that they aren’t signing him.

Yet you can rest assured that McGrady knows what the Bulls’ forthcoming signing of Keith Bogans means.

One source close to the process told ESPN.com that McGrady indeed understands that the agreement Chicago struck Friday to sign Bogans essentially extinguishes any hope he had of running with the Bulls next season.

The unkind reality for McGrady is that the Bulls, if they add another swingman in their roster overhaul this summer, are still far more likely to trade for Rudy Fernandez than call T-Mac back.

It's been nearly two weeks since McGrady's audition at Chicago’s practice facility, when he appeared to create his own obstacles to landing a Bogans-esque deal by following up the workout with a flurry of comments that suggest he still sees himself on Carlos Boozer's level … when the Bulls were hoping to hear accept-any-role humility.

Then a bigger obstacle got in McGrady's way: Fernandez's increasing availability in Portland.

Fernandez wants a prominent role as much as McGrady does, judging by the 25-year-old’s well-chronicled pining for minutes in Portland. But sources with knowledge of the Bulls’ thinking have maintained for days that they would rather gamble on trying to fit in the Spaniard -- whose 3-point shooting fills what they see as a greater need -- than the two-time scoring champ.

Link, read whole thing.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
lebron is so good he can throw the ball off the backboard to himself and dunk it one handed......vs a bunch of 7 year olds

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5448600&a...egoryid=2378529

He's also so good he can lead the NBA in PER for three straight seasons.

The sad thing is, the last two years #2 on said list was D-Wade. Bosh was only #4 last year, though. Damn that Kevin Durant!

Keep trying to convince me the next NBA Championship has yet to be decided.