AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pena's a stud. Bobby Jenks needs to be firmly entrenched as this team's long reliever, because he obviously can't handle closing duties or any close game. Put Putz, Santos, Pena, Thornton...any or all are better options than Jenks right now at any point during a winnable game.

Check out this major spin job by Yahoo sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-whitesox-ejections

In the third, Buehrle was called for a second balk by West and slammed his glove to the ground before he was thrown out. Buehrle had to be restrained by several teammates and bench coach Joey Cora.

First, he dropped his glove. Second off, it'd be nice if they reported the facts and pointed out that the pickoff attempts were clearly not balks.

We always have trouble with Joe West. Although it might not be Ozzies fault, the feud between Ozzie and him seem to come out every time he umps us and I don't want that to affect how our team plays. Hawk mentioned that the second balk was given mainly because of Ozzie and not Mark's move. I don't care who started the feud but we can't have that affecting our players because of Ozzie's actions. Very impressed with the bullpen (minus Jenks who I don't think will be with us much longer). Mays almost over, lets have a huge June and push ourselves into a (relatively) competitive race.

QUOTE (zygoat @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
We always have trouble with Joe West. Although it might not be Ozzies fault, the feud between Ozzie and him seem to come out every time he umps us and I don't want that to affect how our team plays. Hawk mentioned that the second balk was given mainly because of Ozzie and not Mark's move. I don't care who started the feud but we can't have that affecting our players because of Ozzie's actions. Very impressed with the bullpen (minus Jenks who I don't think will be with us much longer). Mays almost over, lets have a huge June and push ourselves into a (relatively) competitive race.

No, it's not Ozzie's fault at all. Joe West is just a complete disgrace to baseball and an awful umpire. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Joe West does have money on a lot of the games he umps. Either that, or he really dislikes the White Sox, but a lot of teams have had problems with West's fat ass.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)

First, he dropped his glove. Second off, it'd be nice if they reported the facts and pointed out that the pickoff attempts were clearly not balks.

Thanks for pointing that out. I figured that the yahoo article was accurate. Sounds like quite the interesting game.

While I did not see the game, Jenks did get two decent hitters to end the game. he really needs to not be in non-save situations.

Also Beckham and Quentin are going as bad as Jenks right now and Peavy is right there with them. The hitting is getting some things going.

Survive this weeknd without losing ground and the Sox could be looking ok. I think they are done with Tampa.

I also hope Buehrle gets the nod over Peavy on Sunday or they push Garcia back.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)

MLB.com has this...

"West called the second balk with one out in the third inning, tossing Buehrle after the left-hander threw his glove to the ground in frustration."

I would say it was a flip at best.

Hahahaha, rotoworld with the first use of it...

Bobby Jenks gave up three runs before getting out of the ninth inning Wednesday as the White Sox beat the Indians 5-4.

It wouldn't have been a blown save, since Jenks entered a 5-1 game, but it sure would have been a disaster. Jenks opened the ninth by allowing a double, a walk, a single and another walk, this one scoring a run. Shelley Duncan came up as a pinch-hitter then and lined a single to left, making it a 5-4 game. At that point, the Indians chose to bunt the two remaining baserunners up, even though doing so took the bat out of the hands of their best hitter, Shin-Soo Choo. Following the intentional walk, Austin Kearns struck out and Russell Branyan flied out to end it. The shaky outing took Jenks' ERA back up to 6.35, but it was his first in a couple of weeks and he's still cost the White Sox just one game this year. He is getting the job done.

That's like working in a restaurant and sending out a dish an hour after it was ordered burnt to a crisp. But atleast it got the job done!

I know today wasn't a save opportunity but anyway:

Just looking at the 7 games Jenks has saved: 4 of them were 1-run save-opps, 1 game the tying run reached base, 3 games the go ahead run reached based. The other 3 saves were 3-run save-opps, he allowed 1 baserunner in 2 of them and the other was his only perfect save of the year.

His 1 blown save was a 1 run save opportunity in which he allowed 4 baserunners and 3 ER without retiring a batter. In other words: he's been walking an ultra fine line in 1-run save opportunities this year.

More from ozzie.

"Sometimes he thinks f---ing people pay to watch him f---ing umpire.'' Oz on Joe West.

and

"No matter what you say, what you do, how long you talk here, Major League Baseball doesn’t do s--- for anything.'' Oz

I hope ozzie enjoys his days off, but at least he said what we were all thinking.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
More from ozzie.

"Sometimes he thinks f---ing people pay to watch him f---ing umpire.'' Oz on Joe West.

and

"No matter what you say, what you do, how long you talk here, Major League Baseball doesn’t do s--- for anything.'' Oz

I hope ozzie enjoys his days off, but at least he said what we were all thinking.

Good for him. He needs to stand up for his players. That is job #1 for a manager.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 26, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Bobby jenks :notworthy

:pray a wing and a prayer. At least he didn't fold and just give up. If nothing esle he battled and got those last two out. I hope he looks at himself in the mirror and gets this figured out. A closer with a ERA of almost 7 is not acceptable on any team