Mitchell ahead of schedule

southsider2k5

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/145483945

Jared Mitchell, the Sox's No. 1 pick in the 2009 draft, is ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation from a tendon tear in his left ankle. Mitchell is doing his rehab at Louisiana State and will play in the Instructional League in Arizona in September.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 27, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
Hopefully with the AFL and winter leagues he can makeup some lost time and tear up AA next season. :headbang

I dont know if those were the words I would have used, given the situation... :unsure:

Otherwise, this is great to hear and seeing him in Spring Training he was easily one of my favorite players to watch.

:gosox3:

QUOTE (daggins @ May 28, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
I think it is just an instructional league this fall and not the AFL that is the goal.

Yeah, they now have two leagues in the fall in AZ, plus the non-competition instructional league. They might mean the second (younger) AFL league, or they may mean just the unofficial league. Hard to say, but I'd bet they do NOT mean the top line AFL.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 27, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
This is ahead of schedule? Good news and all, but I thought him in the AFL was the original target. Meh, I just hope he is 100% and his speed is not hurt too much by this.

Spring was the original schedule... Maybe winter ball. This was a six to nine month injury when it happened.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
Yeah, they now have two leagues in the fall in AZ, plus the non-competition instructional league. They might mean the second (younger) AFL league, or they may mean just the unofficial league. Hard to say, but I'd bet they do NOT mean the top line AFL.

Yeah that's what they mean, not the Arizona Fall League.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Today Mitchell said he could be back by September. September call up? Not a chance, but I'd actually go and pay money to see Mitchell play.

Considering the minor league season raps up the first week of September the AZ Fall League is probably the goal.