2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
Ilya Kovalchuk is -29 on the season. Wow.

I went to the Devils/Canes game on Jan 1st and the major thing I came away with is how lazy Kovalchuk is. He skated hard once that entire game when he thought he was going to get a break away. Besides that he just floated in the neutral zone for the majority of the game.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovalchuk has always been one of the worst two-way players in hockey, but people used to just blame it on his playing on a bad Thrashers team. He gives zero effort back there.

New Jersey is f***ed with that contract if Kovalchuk contributes nothing on offense like he has this season.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Kovalchuk has always been one of the worst two-way players in hockey, but people used to just blame it on his playing on a bad Thrashers team. He gives zero effort back there.

New Jersey is f***ed with that contract if Kovalchuk contributes nothing on offense like he has this season.

Yeah, he is a guy who should never get a long term deal. He was lazy even without it.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
Please tell me someone saw that move by Bolland. HOLY SHNIT!

Wow!!! I think his back's OK.

Good weekend for the Hawks. It would have been better had they not blown the late 2-0 lead in Nashville, but I'll take the 3 of 4 points anyway.

There were tons of Hawks fans in Nashville, anywhere you turned you saw the Indian sweater. Pretty cool having all the bars on Broadway just steps away from the arena. Made for some fun pre & post-game festivites. Very fun city and all the people are super, super nice.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
I think it would be funny if the two captains agree to take their first two picks last. So let's just say Toews/Malkin were captains. They agree behind the doors to take Sid/Ovechkin last.

Nicklas Lidstrom and Eric Staal have been announced as the two team captains.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
That was unexpected.

I thought that two of the 6 players actually voted in by fans would have been the captains, like Toews and Crosby. But the players voted on the captains, and chose Staal since Carolina is hosting the event, and Lindstrom since he's had a great career, and this is possibly his last year playing.

Detroit is beat up right now (as usual, that's what happens when you're an old team) but still a very good win today. Shots on goal were very deceptive, Hawks had complete control of the game the first two periods, although they got a couple of very fortunate breaks in the 2nd, and just sat on a multi goal lead throughout the 3rd period. Need to get Philly tomorrow and finish off a strong weekend.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
Crawford needs some help! Dude is standing on his head and getting nothing.

Here's some help, get rid of Seabrook. Dude is terrible this year, half the time he's just standing around watching the puck

Marian Hossa suffered a grade 2 MCL sprain in game 1 of the SCF vs. the Flyers last year and played through the rest of the series with it. Proof again that the toughest athletes play hockey?

And agreed with the above post on Seabrook. He's going to end up with a career high in assists and points, but has just looked awful this year IMO.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Patrick Kane's Stanley Cup Winning Puck Missing, FBI Investigating

The Associated Press reported on Saturday that the FBI is helping with the investigation into the missing puck that Chicago Blackhawks All-Star Patrick Kane scored the 2010 Stanley Cup winning goal with.

According to the report, a Chicago business man named Grant DePorter "offered a $50,000 reward for the puck and has been leading the efforts to find" the puck.

The puck has been missing ever since Kane scored the game-winning goal in overtime of Game 6 against the Philadelphia Flyers.

"The last image of the puck was it was in the back of the net and a referee can be seen skating into the camera shot," said Chicago FBI spokesman Ross Rice.

I thought I heard someone say that Pronger threw it into the stands.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
best first 4 seconds in a long time

This is gonna make me sound like Dan Bernstein, but I think that start of the game is just stupid. These are two teams that play each other like once a year, and can only face each other in the Stanley Cup Finals, so they are not huge rivals. It's one thing to fight to get your team pumped up or for payback, but three fights to start the game is a waste of time IMO, not to forget Burish's fight five minutes in.