¡Viva la Revolución!

Heads22

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
Agreed, great write up. I disagree about his defense but hey we all have our opinions and I sure hope JPN is right! While I haven't seen him play nearly as much I get my info from some very reliable sources. I have been told his only plus attribute is his arm and everything else is below average. I think they have to give him a lot of PT or it would be a waste to let him rot on the bench. The thing I am most concerned about is the K/BB ratio.

I don't understand how you disagree. I'm stating what I saw, not an opinion.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
Agreed, great write up. I disagree about his defense but hey we all have our opinions and I sure hope JPN is right! While I haven't seen him play nearly as much I get my info from some very reliable sources. I have been told his only plus attribute is his arm and everything else is below average. I think they have to give him a lot of PT or it would be a waste to let him rot on the bench. The thing I am most concerned about is the K/BB ratio.

His reaction time, etc is all slow at 3B. He has a very very strong arm. Quite frankly Viciedo profiles much more as a left fielder than a 3rd baseman. He does have relatively soft hands though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
His reaction time, etc is all slow at 3B. He has a very very strong arm. Quite frankly Viciedo profiles much more as a left fielder than a 3rd baseman. He does have relatively soft hands though.

That's true, but part of the reason for that was that he doesn't set himself like infielders should when the pitch is thrown. He's standing upright most of the time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)

I was banking he would move to RF for quite sometime cause of his arm, but the sox never did that.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
I was banking he would move to RF for quite sometime cause of his arm, but the sox never did that.

I really don't think he would be a very good outfielder, unless you want Carlos Lee with a good arm.

This really is interesting that you mention "will Stone blast Ozzie if he sits?"

He should.

I am all for promoting this guy, but it's the exact same thing as the Cub. Why bring him up if he's not going to play five games out of every seven??

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
I hit a homerun with the Q-uperman nickname, so I'll be damned if I don't get this one to catch on too!

Hotfire is terrible

please, please, try to come up with something better

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
This really is interesting that you mention "will Stone blast Ozzie if he sits?"

He should.

I am all for promoting this guy, but it's the exact same thing as the Cub. Why bring him up if he's not going to play five games out of every seven??

Well, we can only hope he's even close to being a productive as Colvin is.

i don't really care about his walk %. He's up there to swing the bat and be agressive. I like it. Heck AJ has only walked 6 times all year and 25 is his career high. Some guys just like to swing the bat,nothing wrong with it as long as they are producing.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

MLB piece on Viciedo.

It says he's in good shape (beat writers also reported that), he will get playing time because Omar was suppose to be a sub not a starter, and that Ozzie trust Kenny and Buddy Bell (who said Viciedo is good enough at third).

He can't be too much worse than Teahen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
I know this is a fantasy baseball article, but still an interesting analysis of the Cuban Tank.

So he's much better against left handers which will be hard for him to get much playing time at the major league level. He's starting today against a Nats right hander so expect some K's.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
So he's much better against left handers which will be hard for him to get much playing time at the major league level. He's starting today against a Nats right hander so expect some K's.

No he isn't.

And he needs to play both righties and lefties, the kid needs ABs and putting him in a strict platoon will leave him on the bench for all but 1 or 2 games a week. I can't fathom why he wouldn't be in the lineup today.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)
No he isn't.

And he needs to play both righties and lefties, the kid needs ABs and putting him in a strict platoon will leave him on the bench for all but 1 or 2 games a week. I can't fathom why he wouldn't be in the lineup today.

Mark Gonzales reported he'd start today. But I know now he isn't since the lineup was posted in the game thread. I agree play him against both.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside