Peavy Done for Year; Marquez Up

knightni

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
Is Hudson going to get called up or ?

We need Cliff Lee if Hudson isn't the answer.

Marquez is called up for now and will be immediately available out of the pen. 99% that Hudson gets called up later to replace Peavy, 1% chance of Torres.

And we won't trade for Cliff Lee unless Seattle is really fond of getting a bad deal for him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
Between this and the Bulls' epic fail in free agency, I'm taking a break from sports.

Why? The White Sox are hitting all cylinders right now. All we need is similar production out of Hudson and we will be fine. If we don't get that- KW WILL bring in another starter.

And the Bulls are still very much alive in the Lebron hunt. . .

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
The Peavy thing is quite a blow. We don't have enough starting pitching if Hudson is just average.

I agree its a blow. But Danks, Buerhle, Garcia and Floyd have been outstanding. If Hudson doesn't perform- KW will bring in another SP. I know its a stretch, but don't be surprised if KW tries to block Minny by overpaying for Cliff Lee.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
I agree its a blow. But Danks, Buerhle, Garcia and Floyd have been outstanding. If Hudson doesn't perform- KW will bring in another SP. I know its a stretch, but don't be surprised if KW tries to block Minny by overpaying for Cliff Lee.

Do you really expect Freddy to keep up this pace the rest of the season?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Why? The White Sox are hitting all cylinders right now. All we need is similar production out of Hudson and we will be fine. If we don't get that- KW WILL bring in another starter.

And the Bulls are still very much alive in the Lebron hunt. . .

We need offense. We can't afford to spend the few assets we have in the farm on a pitcher. And no, we're not getting Lebron.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)

He isnt doing anything that spectacular, mid 4's era isnt much to ask him to sustain for the rest of the season. Im going to wait and see how Hudson looks before I jump to any conclusions.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)

Nope. But we can hope and pray that he does and can give us Javy Vazquez numbers.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
What have you seen out of him for the last 25 starts which would indicate anything different?

I think it's health they're worried about. Freddy still has alright stuff. He knows how to pitch. Outside of two really bad outings, he's been fairly consistent otherwise.

I am probably in the minority here but I don't think this loss is a big deal. The guy hasn't pitched consistently all season. Sure he has been hot lately but he gave us a lot of bad starts too. I think he is fairly replaceable and we have the weapons to do it. Losing him and gaining a bat is still a big win.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:29 AM)
I am probably in the minority here but I don't think this loss is a big deal. The guy hasn't pitched consistently all season. Sure he has been hot lately but he gave us a lot of bad starts too. I think he is fairly replaceable and we have the weapons to do it. Losing him and gaining a bat is still a big win.

oh you mean he's been hot when the team suddenly became a winning team and is within a game of 1st place.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 06:39 PM)
Just a strain?

I thought it was said that the tendon was detached from the bone?

NOT A STRAIN, we were hoping it's just a strain and that was the word late last night.

It is detached lat, like the title says.

Edited by justBLAZE