Is TCQ back?

Knackattack

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
Not with Miggy, Morneau, and Hamilton hitting at the pace they are.... but yeah Im wishing I never dropped Quentin in fantasy now.

I just picked him up about 2 weeks ago. Glad I did!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Hell yeah it is. They have a combined wOBA around .385.

If we get a real DH and Beckham gets going in the second half, our team will be ridiculous. We will have a good lineup to complement our fantastic pitching staff. But I'm not greedy, 1st place WOOOO!

Yea he's back. I would continue to try and protect him by using him as a DH. Sox need to keep this guy healthy and as long as Jones is on this rollercoaster ride (he's going up now) he should be out in RF because he's very good out there whereas Q is average at best.

Sox' offense really is "stars and scrubs". You have Rios/Kong/Q with an wOBA total of .385 (that's really good) but you also have guys like Pierre, Beckham, AJ that are just having horrible years.

Even though Q is only batting .244 he's had rotten BABIP luck but his power numbers and isoD are as good as ever. I am expecting a 250/345/520 line with 30+ dingers and around 110 RBI when it's all said and done. That's the sort of power threat this team is going to need to make a pennant push.

I just checked for sure, the combined wOBA of the 3 is .383. Those three have produced 43 batting runs, the team itself is at -14 batting runs as of yesterday. So the success of the second half on offense isn't really up to these three, it'll take a big turnaround from Beckham, Pierre, Kotsay, etc to really make this a good offensive club. You can get these guys help, but unless the guys that are already here produce, this offense will be pretty mediocre.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
I just checked for sure, the combined wOBA of the 3 is .383. Those three have produced 43 batting runs, the team itself is at -14 batting runs as of yesterday. So the success of the second half on offense isn't really up to these three, it'll take a big turnaround from Beckham, Pierre, Kotsay, etc to really make this a good offensive club. You can get these guys help, but unless the guys that are already here produce, this offense will be pretty mediocre.

I don't think the offense will ever be anything other than mediocre unless you see something flukish happen where Jones goes on a tear, Pierre heats up, AJ starts actually taking walks, hell freezes over, etc.

Luckily with this group of pitchers an average offense will suffice.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
Q! is on fire lately, and just looks a lot stronger and more comfortable at the plate. Am I the only one noticing that he is looking a lot more like the Carlos of old as he heats up?

He may be back, but the sad question is for how long. He is sooooo fragile.

Bob

Here's an interesting stat:

In a White Sox uniform, Carlos has now hit a total of 76 homers in 1,093 at bats.

That's a homer every 14 at bats, which projects to 40 homers per season.

This year he is right on that same pace of one home run per every 14 at bats.

"Is he back?" He never left. He struggled a little with his average, but he has been driving in runs all year.

One thing that is interesting is that Q only has a career BABIP of .266, this year he's down to .223. Given even average luck and he'd be looking at a 270/370/550 line, and that would be a monster year.

The guy is not made of very sturdy stuff though, hopefully he can stay healthy. He should be DHing as much as possible.